Need Help Understanding How Body Physics Work In FO4

MagicKarp

I just started building my first mod list for Fallout 4 but I'm getting confused as to how body and armor physics works in Fallout 4. I've been doing Oldrim modding

I installed CBBE and I think I got the basics down. You can use CBBE Body Physics in the Bodyslide/Outfit Studio to build the body and give your character body physics if they're nude/naked. I also downloaded Cherry Hotalings CBBE Physics. So I applied those body physics to the default CBBE Curvy naked body so I'm at that step. I haven't start the modded run yet. I just have a few saves from the base game (no mods whatsoever)

Beyond that, I'm a little lost.  From what I gather, there's no all-in-one physics system like XPSME and HDT like there is in Oldrim.

Each armor or clothing set could potentially have their own physics created by the individual mod author.

For example, if I wanted to add body physics to the base vault suit, we would start with, would I have to build it through the outfit studio and overwrite the original armor in the game?

Or I'd have to find like a whole armor replacer which would replace the armor version with the physics version of the armor?

I've started to pour over some Youtube videos. I started with Gopher's basic bodyslide video. I've been trying to find the ChicGeek video where she laid out step by step bodyslide tips but her channel doesn't exist any more.

Any clarifications/help would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance!

3 minutes ago, MagicKarp said:

For example, if I wanted to add body physics to the base vault suit, we would start with, would I have to build it through the outfit studio and overwrite the original armor in the game?

Or I'd have to find like a whole armor replacer which would replace the armor version with the physics version of the armor?

This is the method to bring the jiggly bits to Fallout 4.  Tedious, but it's "one-time" if you are happy wit the bodyslide preset that is used.   The good news is, that this capability has been around for some time and all of the vanilla clothing/armor has been converted.  A high percentage of clothing/armor mods have also been converted, either by the original author, or by other modders.

Finally, as you saw in you web searches, there are methods to do this yourself with Outfit Studio for mods that do not have physics support.  The method to add physics to an outioft may seem a bit daunting the first time you do it, but it's actually one of the more simple Outfit Studio updates that can be done.

Archived