Trouble getting started

Hey there, im new here, and new to fallout, but i did spend quite awhile trying to get sexout to work, and my animations still wont work properly; i hope i can get some help :)

First, i did read the faq and "how to get help" threads carefully, but im still having trouble. And also, fair bit of text ahead, some of it is just feedback i suppose, skip down to "SO:" for relevant troubleshooting

So the thing is, i had installed all the mods properly, i thought, but before i really started to play the game i wanted to be sure the plugins worked, and tried activating sex using the sexkey plugin on the doctor in the beginning of the game. That didnt work, instead of an animation starting, my camera goes free, he is moved on top of me and his entire body except for hands and head go invisible, everything is standing still.

So i figured i had installed something wrong, missed a requirement, or something along those lines.

Next problem was inconsistent guidance (maybe just lazy reading on my part), i assumed the "getting started" part of the faq held all required basic info, but for instance it doesn't mention the actual sexout mod itself as a requirement (again, i might just be blind! :)), while it does link to the compilation file (requiring the base mod). Another issue i had was the NVSE installation, in the NVSE thread and site, it mentions installation by just dropping files in required places, however somewhere else (dont remember where anymore, only found it at a later time) it said to install everything using FOMM. And third problem, in the sexoutNG thread itself, there is not download link for the CORE files, i figure this might just be temporary though.

SO: Amongst my confusion, i probably fucked my installation good, and thats why today i did a complete reinstall of the game and tried carefully activating mods one at a time, untill i thought i had the required stuff to activate a sexkey scene, which as it turned out didnt work.

What i (think i) did was to first of all install NVSE and the extender, by dragging the stuff where it needed to go, then install the proper skeleton using FOMM, and then installing the compilation file. After trying unsuccesfully to get the animations to work, only activating the basest requirements, i realized i had forgotten the actual sexout core mod itself. And this is where im at now, if i try to add the data pack, FOMM crashes, and without the CORE pack, im not sure if it would even fix my problem.

Ive been working on this for hours, and this is what i remember, there might be details missing,. The actual error itself (the doc spawning on top of me with invisible body and everything standing still + free camera) has been the exact same at all times, so i figure im making some fundamental mistake somewhere (thats why i havent included any load orders or other data yet, if you need it, i absolutely will, though).

I think you should consider rewriting the basic installation guide, it is very easy to make mistakes if the instructions arent consistent and in order of when to do stuff. In order to get a good picture you need to skip back and forth between a lot of threads, its easy to get lost.

Anyways, i hope you can help me, and i just wanna say that i really hope i didnt sound too negative, your mod looks fantastic and i cant wait to get it to work! :)

P.S: sorry for any lazy formatting/grammar

EDIT: figured id include my current load order after all

FalloutNV.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

ClassicPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

CaravanPack.esm

Sexout.esm

SexoutCommonResources.esm

SexoutSlavery.esm

SexoutLegion.esm

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

SexoutSexkey.esp

SexoutNCR.esp

SexoutPowderGangers.esp

SexoutWorkingGirl.esp

SexoutZAZ.esp

SmallerTalk.esp

st.esp

Total active plugins: 22

Total plugins: 62

i am experiencing the bug with this order, however i have tried many other orders aswell, and activating (every) other mods, except XPM+lust at the same time, as well.

This is a common problem with new users, no worries. The link for the CORE download is at the bottom of the page, not at the top with the DATA pack. This missing fomod is the source of your problem, as it contains the nude male body and the sex animations. If you have the correct NVSE(3b2), the correct extender(11, I think), and have them installed in the correct places, then the missing CORE file should fix everything once installed.

It works! thanks a lot man! its weird though, what i had installed WAS the core files, turns out i was just missing the data pack, which when i tried to add through FOMM made it crash. i tried again though, and this time didnt make it overwrite supposed existing files, and afterwards it worked.

amazing how your reply helped more than hours of laboring, even though it wasnt the answer to my problem

oh well, thanks again, now i can see about which mods to add, and finally see what all the fuzz is about :)

Archived