Body Mesh Weight Paint Gradient

skymod551

My question is on weight painting in regards to both types of HDT physics, PE and SMP, for Body0.nif vs. Body1.nif.  In game, your character weight between 0 and 100 is a mesh that is morphed based on polys that approximate an average between Body0 and Body1, or that is at least the way I understand it.

I was thinking weight painting for a mesh works in a similar way, where if your weight paint value on the same polys varies from Body0 and Body1, then the weighted value will be averaged in game based on the character weight - but I'm thinking I was mistaken and it does not.  If someone can clarify if does or not, and if not, could it?  I'm guessing if it doesn't, the only way it could is if this was specifically coded into the HDT design, either one.

The intent here is that given a meshes's XML, the first body can use a lower value weight paint to reduce movement, while a larger body can see greater movement.  What appears to happen is that weight values from 0-99 use Body0's weight, and only body weight 100 use Body1's weight values.  I haven't performed a reliable test of this yet, but my last SMP test seemed to indicate this.  I'm not sure about PE, I think it might be the same though.

Side question, off topic, but if you answer I would appreciate it:  is there a known on screen actor AI limit for Skyrim SE?  Inital search results were showing same as LE, which is 20, which can be somewhat reliably expanded to 100, with expected unresponsive AI the closer you get 100 actor AI on screen at once.

Thanks!

Archived