Fix for quest Settlers in Trouble, & Super Mutants and Prisoner

Upon installing Arthmoor`s Fallout 4 Unoffical Patch it did something to the scrips on recruiting NPCs the dialog is no present. 

In the quest

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Settlers in Trouble :

One may come across three or four settlers fighting a group of hostiles (most likely raiders). If the Sole Survivor assists and keeps them from being killed, the survivors will join you and you may send them to any settlement you choose. <---------

Settlers recruited from this event act oddly. If reassigned to a different settlement, they may still be involved in radiant quests from the original settlement, hiking back so they can be talked to, to pick up the quest. If one or more of the settlers are killed during the encounter but the remaining settlers are recruited, the dead settlers are also treated as having been recruited, and a radiant quest may require speaking to the dead settler.

Super Mutants and Prisoner : If the super mutants are killed, the freed prisoner will sprint off and, if followed, he will eventually end up in Sanctuary Hills. If talked to, he will only answer with generic NPC dialogue. As a settler, he does not add to the settlement population number and can not be traded with, like normal settlers. He seems to lack the scripting to assign him to jobs like farming or defense. If commanded using the workshop, he will obey but as soon as the workshop is closed, he will run back towards the same fixed spot he stopped at when first reaching Sanctuary Hills.

Unless you stand close to the prisoner just before you kill the last Super mutant.You can free the prisoner an talk to them immediately. The prisoner will give you a dialog option to go to a settlement. <------------

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

These quest are broken. I have tried MANY times to get in touch with Arthmoor but has moved his bug reports to a website that will not contact you or allow any posting. Equivalent to giving you the finger an saying. I am not going to do anything. So this problem persist an has persisted for over 2 years! Its not like anyone has not tried to tell Arthmoor that the quest is broken from his update.

If anyone wants to try an contact him by all means try. But to save some time. Can someone just upload a patch that can override Arthmoor? So i can get these NPCs? If not i might as well not bother saving anyone an just walk by. Just making the game seem more dead than it could already be.

1 hour ago, WarsunGames said:

Upon installing Arthmoor`s Fallout 4 Unoffical Patch it did something to the scrips on recruiting NPCs the dialog is no present. 

In the quest

Settlers in Trouble :

One may come across three or four settlers fighting a group of hostiles (most likely raiders). If the Sole Survivor assists and keeps them from being killed, the survivors will join you and you may send them to any settlement you choose. <---------

Settlers recruited from this event act oddly. If reassigned to a different settlement, they may still be involved in radiant quests from the original settlement, hiking back so they can be talked to, to pick up the quest. If one or more of the settlers are killed during the encounter but the remaining settlers are recruited, the dead settlers are also treated as having been recruited, and a radiant quest may require speaking to the dead settler.

Super Mutants and Prisoner : If the super mutants are killed, the freed prisoner will sprint off and, if followed, he will eventually end up in Sanctuary Hills. If talked to, he will only answer with generic NPC dialogue. As a settler, he does not add to the settlement population number and can not be traded with, like normal settlers. He seems to lack the scripting to assign him to jobs like farming or defense. If commanded using the workshop, he will obey but as soon as the workshop is closed, he will run back towards the same fixed spot he stopped at when first reaching Sanctuary Hills.

Unless you stand close to the prisoner just before you kill the last Super mutant.You can free the prisoner an talk to them immediately. The prisoner will give you a dialog option to go to a settlement. <------------

These quest are broken. I have tried MANY times to get in touch with Arthmoor but has moved his bug reports to a website that will not contact you or allow any posting. Equivalent to giving you the finger an saying. I am not going to do anything. So this problem persist an has persisted for over 2 years! Its not like anyone has not tried to tell Arthmoor that the quest is broken from his update.

If anyone wants to try an contact him by all means try. But to save some time. Can someone just upload a patch that can override Arthmoor? So i can get these NPCs? If not i might as well not bother saving anyone an just walk by. Just making the game seem more dead than it could already be.

Hmm, even if you are able to recruit these settlers, just remember they are not having the Protected flag up.

Archived