A bit of help needed with WIP

Synthael

First of all...

Hello everyone, I've been lurking on the forums for some time now, enjoying mods you created and learning some new stuff about scripting or GECK in general, so thank you a lot for your hard work and help with problems... ;)

I'm currently working on a mod with a friend, maybe some of you know about it, if you don't, it doesn't matter. It's Rapscallion's Sexxxy Card Revamp, re-texture of all decks found in game to more "naughty" versions. Nexus Link

Recently we've been working on adding a few more decks, in Caravan-only versions, to Mojave.

I pictured it like this:

1. player finds the note with clues where the key and the case containing some cards (player doesn't know that) are placed

2. player finds key and case

3. when opening and taking everything from the case, all cards from that deck get added to caravan cards list through a script

I managed to get everything working except activating the quest for adding the cards on closing (or opening) the case. Script is short and I don't know if i missed anything obvious...

scn RSCRCase01Script

begin OnOpen

startQuest RSCRQuest01

End

Script is object type, put on a briefcase RSCRCase01. Quest itself is a simple quest type script adding cards to leveled list, like this:

scn RSCR01Script
Begin gameMode

AddItemToLeveledList RandomCaravanBaseCards CardClubsAcev 1 1 100
AddItemToLeveledList RandomCaravanBaseCards CardClubs2v 1 1 100
AddItemToLeveledList RandomCaravanBaseCards CardClubs3v 1 1 100
AddItemToLeveledList RandomCaravanBaseCards CardClubs4v 1 1 100
... (repeating that for each card in deck)
stopquest RSCRQuest01
ShowMessage RSCRLoad01

End

Only workaround I managed to make is to replace OnOpen condition with OnLoad, but it isn't perfect as it needs someone to only load the cell and cards are added before the starter deck is picked up and I'd like to "fix" it...

As you guys are expert script makers and have a lot of experience, I'd humbly ask for some insight... Thanks in advance... :blush:

Not sure what specifically you're using as a container' date=' but OnOpen runs while the container is opening, so if it doesn't have an opening animation it will never run. Try an OnActivate block instead.

[/quote']

I use a briefcase model for container (DetonatorBriefcase)...

Tried using OnActivate, but then I can't open the briefcase, only activate it, trigger the quest and that's it... No opening container... unless I'm overlooking something else.... :blush:

You have to add "Activate" somewhere within your OnActivate block. That block stops normal activation from occurring and runs your script instead, so you have to specifically tell it to then Activate normally.

scn RSCRCase01Script

Begin OnActivate Player
       StartQuest RSCRQuest01
       Activate 
End

You have to add "Activate" within your OnActivate block.

/facepalm

If it's that simple, I'm just gonna kill myself.... :D

Thanks for help... When the mod's finished (soon, hopefully), if Rapscallion says yes, I might put it here for all of ya fine people to enjoy...

And... Thanks again! :)

Archived