3Ds Max 2012 Animation Kit Install Problem

Dark_Ones

Trying to install the animation kit for Fallout 4 but i'm being plague by theses errors.

Fallout 4. Animation Kit

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16694/

Fallout 4 Animation Setup Tutorial

Problem.

123230927_combineab.PNG.652a5364c2da582e0f2397be9c4bcdbc.PNG

I've installed HavokContentTools and after installing it. 3Ds Max 2012 begun displaying the bottom error upon launch and then the top error upon clicking export on the Havok plugin.

You can use either 2015 and the Havok content tools or 2013 and the offcial exporter you get with the CK.

What kinda bugs me about that error message is that it says "... is not a valid Win32 application".

It seems to me that you are running the 32bit version of max ( is there even a 64 bit max 12 ? ) while the correct HCT for FO4 anims is 64bit.

9 hours ago, Vader666 said:

You can use either 2015 and the Havok content tools or 2013 and the offcial exporter you get with the CK.

What kinda bugs me about that error message is that it says "... is not a valid Win32 application".

It seems to me that you are running the 32bit version of max ( is there even a 64 bit max 12 ? ) while the correct HCT for FO4 anims is 64bit.

Could you link me to relevant information for 2013.

1 hour ago, Dark_Ones said:

Could you link me to relevant information for 2013.

And by that you mean a download link i guess ?

Unfortunatley, no, i can't.

I had a link to a 30 days trial version of max2013 like ages ago, but can't find it now.

But last time i checked it was definitely still working, so it has to be out there somewhere.

1 hour ago, Vader666 said:

And by that you mean a download link i guess ?

Unfortunatley, no, i can't.

I had a link to a 30 days trial version of max2013 like ages ago, but can't find it now.

But last time i checked it was definitely still working, so it has to be out there somewhere.

I do NOT require a link to 3Ds Max 2013 as that isn't relevant.

What i would like is a link to the relevant tools that will allow me to import and export animations for Fallout 4.

I have everything for 3Ds Max 2012 NOT 3Ds Max 2013.

Importing anims from FO4 does work using the F4AK    

You need to convert the anims to 32bit .hkx and then to fbx using the tool packed i there.

For exporting you need the Havok HCT, which are not available anymore because microsoft.

However if you have the CK installed there should be a folder named tools in your Fallout4 installation, which contains the offical export tools installer.

Those however are designed for max 2013 and may not work with max 2012.

Archived