SOMETHING's goofy with my Pregnancy mod, but I don't know what.

As I mentioned in my previous tech support post, the first thing that happened for me was that the latest version of Pregnancy didn't show up on my MCM. So, I played with the older version for a while.

I eventually thought that I'd try to the latest version of Pregnancy, again, in case some update to something, or just random happenstance inside this magic voodoo box, just started to make it show up on MCM. Lo and behold, it did.

Although my 'toon was only with humans, and using a diaphragm (which I never saw fail with an human; but, I still watch the message after each act to ensure that it says that the diaphragm was used), almost as soon as the new version was installed, I received a message that my 'toon thought that she might be pregnant.

The body, however, hadn't changed; inventory items hadn't changed; the pregnancy scanner still indicated no pregnancy. This went on through all of the stages, with my seeing no evidence of anything except for the alerts, including, "Here's your baby." Since the alerts seemed to be the only problem, and they started upon my first installing the new version, I supposed that, perhaps, they were some kind of buggy artifact of the installation that would just work itself out after one cycle.

I discovered later, however, that a little 'toon daughter had begun following my 'toon around. "O.k.," I thought, "that's not the end of the world. As long as this just happens the once."

Before I knew it, however, I had another little 'toon daughter following in train. Only, in this case, not only had there been nothing on the pregnancy scanner, in the inventory, or changes to the body to tip me off to this little 'toonlette's coming arrival, there had been no alerts as there had been the first time, either.

I don't know what's up with this thing. A clean install didn't fix this stuff-- I tried that as soon as I started getting the first pregnancy messages. I'm not even sure whether the pregnancy scanner is broken, the diaphragm is failing, and the body just isn't changing shape like it's supposed to be, and the 'toon's really supposed to be pregnant.

The scanner hasn't worked for a while. Best way to track a pregnancy is through the console. Not sure, but I think Halstrom went for realism with contraceptives. They aren't guarantees, they just reduce the chance of pregnancy.

As for giving birth without ever knowing you were pregnant, yeah that's a bug. You should report that in the pregnancy thread. Include as much detail as you can and your load order so Hal can check for known conflicts.

Archived