Phantom Supply Line Glitch

Glaurung26

Hi all,

I'm trying to clean up and streamline my messy supply line network. Especially since I learned that 2 workshops need to be linked directly to share resources. For example, if you have 3 settlements, link the first to the second, and the second to the third, but not the first to the third, the first and third (end caps) do not share resources, only the middle. Just linking a settlement to your visible network of supply chains on your map doesn't connect it to every single one magically (boo). So the most efficient way seems to link everybody to the same settlement (usually graygarden or mechanist layer because of the robot happiness nerf).

Anyways, back to my point. There seem to be some residual "phantom" supply lines. They aren't only a visual glitch they also appear to be functional. Have a couple up at the lighthouse and cottage that I got for free. Also a couple with zimonja and red rocket that stayed after I reassigned provisioners. Wanted to see if anyone knows a way to nuke these or if I'm stuck with them for that character. Functionality it's not a bug it's a feature but if possible I would like a tidier map. Suggestions?

Are there still suppliers running around? You could try and manually reset them I think.

Switched to Sim Settlements / IDEK's Logicistics station a long time ago, which really cleaned that part up since the routes auto adjust with each supply station and will give you full access to your ressources in each settlement linked. It won't auto-override any existing suppliers, though.

On 11/18/2018 at 7:49 AM, Glaurung26 said:

Hi all,

I'm trying to clean up and streamline my messy supply line network. Especially since I learned that 2 workshops need to be linked directly to share resources. For example, if you have 3 settlements, link the first to the second, and the second to the third, but not the first to the third, the first and third (end caps) do not share resources, only the middle. Just linking a settlement to your visible network of supply chains on your map doesn't connect it to every single one magically (boo). So the most efficient way seems to link everybody to the same settlement (usually graygarden or mechanist layer because of the robot happiness nerf).

Anyways, back to my point. There seem to be some residual "phantom" supply lines. They aren't only a visual glitch they also appear to be functional. Have a couple up at the lighthouse and cottage that I got for free. Also a couple with zimonja and red rocket that stayed after I reassigned provisioners. Wanted to see if anyone knows a way to nuke these or if I'm stuck with them for that character. Functionality it's not a bug it's a feature but if possible I would like a tidier map. Suggestions?

To my knowledge, all settlements linked in the same network do share all resources. And if they don't perhaps this is fixed with the workshop scripts from UFO4P.

Sending all provisioners to the same place is a very bad idea, because this leads to 20+ additional NPCs visiting the same place, which easily brings you above the stable maximum of around 20-30 NPCs.

But i can only confirm what Swanky said, if you play with Sim Settlements and its Idek Logistic Station, you will never look back.

Not only does it recalculate new routes based on the shortest distance whenever you get a new settlement, it also has great tools like a craftable settlement starter kit (enough to build a generator / radio beacon / logistic station), a button to summon the assigned provisioner, and a master stash function to fully share the content of all linked workbenches.

Archived