NEW cat race!

Force2013

Hello i took the time and ripped a SL charecter and got it into sketchup:dodgy:. It took me almost 3 hours to fix all the broken stuff and now it is done. But i still need some help so if someone is good with uv layout and those thing maybe you can help me, so i can create some textures, im hoping i would be able to get it into skyrim and make a new furry race!:)

some pic of the model.

post-16250-13597880402599_thumb.png

post-16250-13597880402888_thumb.jpg

post-16250-13597880403059_thumb.jpg

The OBJ model! :)

I've tried laying out the UV's for this, but have found it to be a bit problematic with this model.

First, you should weld those neck vertices so they don't give off an ugly seam.

Next, you need to separate the body, head, feet and hands from each other.

And last, and most important, is the arms and thighs. These have intersecting polygons, especially in the inner thigh-pelvic area, which makes creating the seams for the UVs a lot harder.

i would fix it myself, but unfortunately don't have the time. Here's a tip, make a skinny version of the model first (reduce the thigh, pelvis and butt sizes), and make sure no polygons intersect with each other - it would make it a lot easier to UV. after it's UV'd, you can always morph it back to its original size (or make it the 0% weight and the original the 100% weight, for example).

Not to put you down at all. But welcome to hell.

:P

If you figure out how to nicely import it' date=' please. Do let me know.

[/quote']

How did it work out with the Cellan mod, i saw it a long time ago before it whent dark?, i was relly hopping for somekind of new race :P

where you able to rig it or export it to skyrim? :)

Not to put you down at all. But welcome to hell.

:P

If you figure out how to nicely import it' date=' please. Do let me know.

[/quote']

How did it work out with the Cellan mod, i saw it a long time ago before it whent dark?, i was relly hopping for somekind of new race :P

where you able to rig it or export it to skyrim? :)

Between having to restart completely due to hardrive failure and having to get the programs back learn new stuff, and bethesda fucking up custom races...

The good news: I am still working on it.

Bad news: I am still awful at modelling so rigging and importing is not easy for me. But I am getting better.

Archived