OVERHAUL Project . Fallout 4 DLC Ultra High Resolution Pack.. WiP

toxsickcity

Hi all,

I have started to clean out the DLC Ultra High Resolution Pack. I will over haul it, I hope to photoshop some textures to improve overall look.. even some textures are 4096 they appear blury!.. I should be able to clean them up.. such as the bricks etc.

I think that a 58.2GB Pack is pretty Dodgy!.. it's pretty massive for a single update where the textures just arnt that high quality..

this Pack does impressively improve low res textures. such as the mines and other stuff having only 512 textures.. the pack brings them upto 2048 which is 4x the quality!!

funny enough.. things like the scopes are 4096! personally I think it's overkill! I would like to reduce some weapons components down to 2048..

keeping high resolution is pretty important.. so I do have a few q's below!!!

The files uncompressed (extracted the bethesda ba2 files) is 90+ GB! 

with the texture files currently loose and I have been using windows 10 FOLDER Compression (exe;lzx) after doing some work tonight have reduced the total disk space size to 49.8GB...

From 58.2 thats an impressive 8.4GB of space for other mods etc!!! especially for those that install to SSD!

this is without actually reducing the quality of textures at all!!!!!

I have only thus far ran a DUPLICATE FILES SCAN based on MD3 Hases, which is looking for files that are exactly the same. After Hours of deleting files, The DLC is 8.4GB Smaller!!

---------

Here is why I am posting.. I want to know anyone here knows if having the main differ texture eg(wall_d.dds)at full resolution eg 4096x4096 and reduce the _s and _n files will keep quality high.

For example, I am thinking to save space by changing the files wall_n.dds and wall_s.dds file to be half the resolution.

will the texture still look good? I will of course do some testing but i am curious for experienced fellow modders here! as the _n and _s files are what make this mod so large!!

the _d.dds files compress well where the _s.dds and _n.dds files dont compress so well.

is this a mod you'd be interested in? eventually I would like the download size to be around 25-30GB

would this sort of mod be allowed.. or would this break the rules using Bethesda's files and altering them and hosting them on a public server?!!?

give me some comments guys

Thanks

Shaun

• 2 months later...

You can save a lot of headaches just reading the terms of service of FO4, the TL;DR version is you can modify buy don sell it or Todd will get a taste of your ass, and don use Bethesda textures ask for permission and use nexus mods textures, make sure that all textures are the same size and go for it
(BTW AMD is budge cards you will never get the performance of a nvidia but will get a OK card with the same performance of a card with the same specs in the nvidia lane but for almost  half price AMD is excellent in laptop but not in desktop)

On 1/17/2019 at 4:04 PM, jalog100 said:

(BTW AMD is budge cards you will never get the performance of a nvidia but will get a OK card with the same performance of a card with the same specs in the nvidia lane but for almost  half price AMD is excellent in laptop but not in desktop)

where did you get that from?

I really doubt you can get a Vega 64 for 250 bucks which is half of what a gtx 1080 costs

or a RX 580 for 120 bucks which is half of what a GTX 1060 6gb costs

Dont get me wrong I am not a fan of Nvidia especially with the RTX scam but AMD isn't that much better with the new Vega II which is supposed to be competing with RTX 2080 but it has the same overpriced MSRP AND consumes more power

@OP

why bother optimizing crappy Bethesda textures when NMC and FlaconOil already have relased much better and smaller 2K and 4K textures

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3747

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/31814

Archived