[FO4] "Extras" dissappear on character after reloading game

Pacal_II

I have an obscure problem in Fallout 4 where all the extras on my characters face (blemishes, makeup, moles etc.) dissappear when I reload the game. I have a screen showing that I get the same problem even after unactivating all the mods besides looksmenu and looksmenu compendium. "Red" is just my preset, not an actual character. Of course I can just load my preset in the console each time I load the game, but that is kind of a pain. I did the edit that is supposed to keep loose files and that didn't help either.
g2BdzuZ.png?1

The game has some memory bugs when loading savegames - you either get the "brown face bug" when doing that a couple of times, or the tints not working.

IIRC there are some workarounds like entering the "Eye" edit mode in LooksMenu, moving the eyes and canceling should restore the face.

But it is best to just always "exit to main menu" before loading any savegame while playing. Safest is to restart the whole game, i always enter "QQQ" in console when i die in Survival Mode (before the game auto-reloads).

Archived