F4se plugins file

Try to write in your post which mod is causing problems and what exactly is happening. Perhaps anybody can help you then.

Probably this about LooksMenu, the preset save/load window is accessed through the primary interface. There should be a button called "Presets (X)", which means the X on the keyboard (not the Playstation gamepad). Press the hotkey or click the button, then you can save and load presets.

Preset files would be located in ...\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Presets

If the button isn't there, you have either F4SE or LooksMenu not properly installed.

yes, the preset button is there and functional too,and the location you mentioned is exactly what I am talking about... the F4SE/Plugins and the F4SE/presets file is whats missing.

In the F4SE file is only the sliders file and nothing more,and that's my problem/question.

And thanks for any help too.

The folder should be created when you save a preset. If it doesn't, then this would indicate a problem with the LooksMenu installation itself, or something with Windows permissions / Virus Scanners.

And you can create the folder structure yourself, put a downloaded preset in there and check if it shows up in-game.

In case you are using MO2, it doesn't seem to work with LooksMenu by default and (IIRC) you have to manually move the output files from the overwrite folder to the actual FO4 directory.

7 hours ago, guk said:

The folder should be created when you save a preset. If it doesn't, then this would indicate a problem with the LooksMenu installation itself, or something with Windows permissions / Virus Scanners.

And you can create the folder structure yourself, put a downloaded preset in there and check if it shows up in-game.

In case you are using MO2, it doesn't seem to work with LooksMenu by default and (IIRC) you have to manually move the output files from the overwrite folder to the actual FO4 directory.

ok.. tell me if this is messed up or not., I found the plugins file but it is in the user/myname/f4 appsdata/plugins.  this does not sound like this is where the file should be right?

I thought about switching to Vortex before updating the game and starting a new playthough, though for now it's postponed to the next playthrough because some essential F4SE mods were not updated (FreeFlyCam etc). So i don't know about that.

Okay the plugins.txt file in \Appdata\Local\Fallout4 - this is just the load order, can be safely ignored if you use a mod manager. You only would delete the content of that Appdata folder if you wanted to make a 100% fresh reinstall.

The only other place to look for F4SE files - besides the ...\Fallout 4\data\F4SE folder - would be

...\Documents\My Games\Fallout 4\F4SE

but i can only see log files there. Except the ESP Explorer which puts its .ini file in there.

Edit: But we're getting off topic here... so your problem was that LooksMenu / F4SE don't create the presets folder and files when you save a preset in LooksMenu?

And now you're asking about the plugins file, which has nothing to do with F4SE not being able to write to disk.

@smashling177--

I am  bit confused by what you are trying to do, but on my Win10 pc, the list of saved presets (ie. the xxx.json files for each character)  is located in data>f4se>plugins>f4ee>presets

I have not found an xml or ini file that provides global control of looks menu presets - I assume that is buried somewhere within the mod esp

Hope this helps a little.

3 hours ago, leonbrass said:

@smashling177--

I am  bit confused by what you are trying to do, but on my Win10 pc, the list of saved presets (ie. the xxx.json files for each character)  is located in data>f4se>plugins>f4ee>presets

I have not found an xml or ini file that provides global control of looks menu presets - I assume that is buried somewhere within the mod esp

Hope this helps a little.

it does help....windows 10 puts crap everywhere for some reason. however...the file path you described only contains the sliders folder hence all of my questions/confusion. 

Archived