Need some tips on improving appearance and other things

ZellShepard

Hello,

I came back to playing Oblivion after discovering this site and deciding that I'd had enough Skyrim for a while. I find myself dissatisfied with the appearances available to me in my Oblivion installation. I have downloaded and installed, after a very hair-pulling experience involving my downloads dropping multiple times and files randomly deleting themselves for no good reason, the all-in-one MBP++ omod plus the 4096 HGEC and face textures that were recommended (don't know what they're called, but they came with their own installer). I also installed XEOSP++ plus required mods and have the BU pack on this site as well as other armor mods such as the Apachii Goddess Store.

Yet, even still, something is off. I intended to create a character similar to the one in the second screenshot on the opening post of the XEO sticky, a Diablo Elf. Yet, my characters' face textures and meshes look terrible. I tried to add gloss to the NIF files but that didn't help any. I don't understand why, but they still look almost exactly like vanilla Oblivion characters and lack the detail that a lot of screenshots on this site possess.

So, to get to the point, here's my laundry list of questions; if anyone could answer some of them, I would be much obliged.

Am I missing some texture pack or other mod involved with MBP or XEO? I have the 6-in-one Diablo Elf mod from the MBP++ omod and none of them have horns or particularly detailed textures.

What are some good HGEC armor/clothing mods, skimpy or nonskimpy, adventuring gear or casual/sexual gear alike? I do find myself partial to slim armor that isn't overly skimpy since it's both practical and attractive, thus helping my immersion for when I'm actually playing the game seriously, but I haven't seen any armor mods like that. I know armor mods are all over the place, but finding the right ones is a bit of a pain and I could use a little direction.

Are there any mods that involve toys or other implements? I saw a few screenshots of some in the "Everyone's characters?" thread but I've never seen any mods for Oblivion (Skyrim is a different story :) )that add things like that aside from maybe Cursed Armor, which was...um...interesting.

Are there any Lovers mods that add lesbian positions or other loving/sexual things that don't involve direct penetration maybe? All of the ones I've seen involve m-f/m-m animations in the middle of sex, generally involving rape.

And a question that should probably go under technical support but I don't want to make another thread: how do I stop my character from freezing in place after sex in any Lovers mod? Sometimes, I unfreeze when an NPC talks to me afterward, or if I wait for an hour, or if I save and reload, but other times absolutely nothing seems to unfreeze it. This happens regardless of the Lovers mods being used, and I'm using the load order from the "Quick Installation Guide" thread.

Thanks!

Guest ThatOne

Horns are usually parts of armors or clothes, not the actual race. Though some races have them implemented.

For most your armor needs, go to the nexus and the "What mod is this" thread in the "Other Adult Mods" section.

There are far too many to list here, but if you like big breasts then the dmra complete replacer might be something you want to check.

"Toys" could be found from the Sex Shop mod on the Nexus, as well as the maso-maso set. Not sure where the latter can be downloaded now.

If you know CA, you could always grab Estrus for the slime & tentacle animations, as well as a few more that weren't there.

There's always a strapon replacer for the futa lowerbody, made by Gabriel. Should be able to find it with the search function.

No F-F animations were made as far as I know.

Far as load order, I'm not the expert.

Most of your questions will require that you post your load order so we can see what we are dealing with. If you have mods out of order then that can be enough to throw things off.

1. There are tons of armors replacers, so listing them is not practical. The best thing for you to do is browse the Oblivion Adult downloads section and pick out some that appeal to you and then ask from there. Another route, that may even be better, is to pick a body type that you prefer and let us know that and we can point you towards clothing\armor mods that are geared to it.

2. Toys ... there aren't many and you need to be specific as to what you are after.

3. You do have the option in the lovers settings (sexual exploits spell) to turn off "attacking woman grows a penis" and so they are just grinding one another. There are a couple of what could be taken as lesbian type animations but which they are is hard to say. I recommend you grab the Daedra Sutra animation pack and browse through it. It has screenshots for all the different animations. Link: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=10356

4. Freezing is not normal and is either a load order problem or a mod conflict. You need to post your load order so we can help.

I suppose it would have been smart of me to include the load order in the first post.

Active Mod Files:

00 Oblivion.esm

01 Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm

02 All Natural Base.esm [Version 1.3.1]

03 Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm [Version 1.34]

04 Better Cities Resources.esm [Version 4.9.5]

05 Lovers with PK.esm

06 BreakUndies.esm

07 CM Partners.esm

08 x117race.esm

09 Chanpon.esm

0A xeosp++.esp (this was at the bottom of the list just above the All Natural filter esp last I ran Oblivion, but BOSS keeps putting it way up here for some reason)

0B Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.4.2]

0C UOPS Additional Changes.esp

0D UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp [Version 1.0.0]

0E Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

0F DLCShiveringIsles.esp

10 Better Cities .esp [Version 4.7.0]

11 All Natural.esp [Version 1.3.1]

12 All Natural - SI.esp [Version 1.3]

13 OBGE - Liquid Water.esp

14 All Natural - Real Lights.esp [Version 1.3]

15 Enhanced Economy.esp [Version 5.3]

16 Get Wet.esp

17 Streamline 3.1.esp

18 Enhanced Hotkeys.esp [Version 2.2]

++ MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp

19 Queensarmory.esp

1A R18PN - Lingeries.esp

1B R18PN - Lingeries Plus.esp

1C R18PN - Perona armor.esp

** YAARM_Steel.esp

1D DM-Butterfly Widow.esp

1E Dude Wheres My Horse.esp

++ Calm_Shadowmere.esp

1F Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp [Version 1.34]

++ OOO-Water_Weeds.esp [Version 1.33]

++ OOO-DLT_Remover.esp [Version 1.33]

++ OOO-Container_Trap_Instant_Effects.esp [Version 1.33]

20 OOO-WaterFish.esp [Version 1.34]

** EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer for OOO.esp

21 Nightshade_Armor.esp

22 Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp

23 Knights.esp

** EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp

24 xuldarkforest.esp [Version 1.0.5]

25 xulStendarrValley.esp [Version 1.2.2]

26 xulTheHeath.esp

27 XulEntiusGorge.esp [Version 1.2.1]

28 xulFallenleafEverglade.esp [Version 1.3.1]

29 xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp [Version 1.2.2]

2A xulChorrolHinterland.esp [Version 1.2.3]

2B xulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp [Version 1.6.5]

2C xulBravilBarrowfields.esp [Version 1.3.4]

2D xulLushWoodlands.esp [Version 1.3.2]

2E xulAncientYews.esp [Version 1.4.4]

2F xulAncientRedwoods.esp [Version 1.6]

30 xulCloudtopMountains.esp [Version 1.0.3]

31 xulArriusCreek.esp [Version 1.1.4]

32 xulPatch_AY_AC.esp [Version 1.1]

33 xulRollingHills_EV.esp [Version 1.3.3]

34 xulPantherRiver.esp

35 xulRiverEthe.esp [Version 1.0.2]

36 xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp [Version 1.1.1]

37 xulImperialIsle.esp [Version 1.6.8]

38 xulBlackwoodForest.esp [Version 1.1.0]

39 xulCheydinhalFalls.esp [Version 1.0.1]

3A xulAspenWood.esp [Version 1.0.2]

3B xulSkingradOutskirts.esp [Version 1.0.2]

3C xulSnowdale.esp [Version 1.0.5]

3D OOO-Snowdale Patch.esp

3E xulCliffsOfAnvil.esp [Version 1.12]

3F OOOCliffsofAnvilPatch.esp [Version 1.1]

40 xulSilverfishRiverValley.esp [Version 1.0.3]

41 xulJerallGlacier.esp [Version 1.0.1]

42 xulTheEasternPeaks.esp [Version 1.0]

43 Harvest [Flora].esp [Version 3.0.0]

++ Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp [Version 3.0.0]

44 P1DkeyChain.esp [Version 5.00]

45 LoversAdultPlayPlus.esp (this was disabled just a minute ago until I merged my bashed patch again, and it enabled itself before I noticed; apparently Lover with PK Extended requires both this and the "forSSP" version even though they're not supposed to be used together :huh:)

46 LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp

47 LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp

48 LoversRaperSGalgat.esp

49 LoversJoburg.esp

4A LoversSlavePlay.esp

4B LoversBed.esp

4C Lovers with PK.esp [Version 90] (also confused by this; I clearly installed version 91 according to the names of the archives on my computer)

4D Lovers with PK Extender.esp [Version 2.4]

4E LoversBackup2.esp

4F LoversRapeSlave.esp

50 LoversMB2.esp

++ ScriptIcon_Replacer.esp

51 Enhanced Vegetation [150%].esp

52 Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp

53 TTHealthRegen.esp

54 SupremeMagicka.esp [Version 0.90b]

55 SM_ShiveringIsles.esp [Version 0.90]

56 SM_EnchantStaff.esp [Version 0.90]

57 EnchantmentRestore.esp

++ EnchantmentRestore_Wells.esp

58 RealisticLeveling.esp

59 _Ren_BeautyPack_onlyhairs.esp

5A CM Partners.esp

5B DiabloEF 6 in 1.esp

5C _Ren_BeautyPack_full.esp

++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp

++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp

++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp

++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp

++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp

++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged RoseSims Hair Modules.esp

++ x117 Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp

++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed CustomRace.esp

++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves.esp (this doesn't even work for some reason)

5D Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Ashara's Sirens and Tritons.esp

++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Cute Elves.esp (this one doesn't work either)

++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Nec Mystic High Elf Remake.esp

5E Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp

++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed ENG Race.esp

5F x117race.esp

++ x117Race ENG Race.esp

60 Lop-ears Elf_mini.esp (BOSS keeps trying to put this one way at the top too, but I moved it down because it was missing a master)

61 IDKRRR_C_race.esp

62 Chocolate Elves.esp (standalone version because MBP version doesn't work)

63 StrangersRefine.esp

64 CM Partners Special NPCs.esp

65 CM Partners NPC.esp

66 CM Partners More NPCs.esp

67 CM Partners Marker NPCs.esp

68 CM Partners Extra NPCs.esp

++ EVE_KhajiitFix.esp

69 Better Cities Full.esp [Version 4.9.5]

6A Better Cities - VWD of the IC.esp [Version 4.7.0]

6B Better Imperial City.esp [Version 4.9.5]

6C Better Cities Full FPS Patch.esp [Version 4.9.5]

6D Better Cities - All Natural.esp [Version 4.9.5]

6E Better Imperial City FPS Patch.esp [Version 4.9.1]

** [GFX]_Initial_Glow-self.esp

++ Visually Enchanted Fire 1.esp

++ Visually Enchanted Frost 1.esp

++ Visually Enchanted Shock 1.esp

++ OOO-Magic_Script_Effect_Fix.esp [Version 1.33]

** All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp [Version 1.3]

6F Bashed Patch, 0.esp

70 LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

71 LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

72 zBUArmors.esp

I'm using OBSEv20, as well as Pluggyv132 with the dll renamed with "_HUD" at the end. Also have MenuQuev9a.

I'm starting to think that the problem I have with the appearance of my game has more to do with graphics settings than anything - the lighting on characters' faces is really blocky, but in screenshots for the very same races and characters it's not.

And now I have another weird bug all of a sudden - every vanilla NPC has a glowing eye and a pitch black eye like they're all Zasalamel from Soul Calibur or something. :huh: But then suddenly when I load the game again it fixes itself?

Ok, some notes in no particular order:

1. Use BOSS once and then stop using it anymore. Using it constantly is a good way to completely F up your game. BOSS is great for most plugins but is retarded when it comes to others (especially lovers plugins).

2. Put xeosp++.esp under your bashed patch and leave it there. Make certain that it is NOT included in your bashed patch - rebuild it if it was. This should kill your googly eye problem.

3. The MBP plugins do work just fine. They are setup as "passive" plugins that other mods can use. They are not replacer mods that do anything to existing NPC's. Some of the MBP races are Non-playable (meaning you can't use them for your PC = "player character").

4. Lop-ears Elf_mini.esp moving around - further proof if you needed it that BOSS is a run once and don't use it again plugin (unless you are using custom userlists).

5. Lovers with PK.esp [Version 90] - don't fret over the incorrect version display.

6. LoversAdultPlayPlus.esp - disable this. All you need to do is click on Lovers with PK Extender.esp (so it is highlighted) and then change the master to be the SSP version of Adult Play Plus. Remember to hit save after renaming the master.

- Also your note on rebuilding your bashed patch concerns me. When you rebuilt it did you first deselect all your lovers esm and esp files? If not then you need rebuild your bashed patch again with them deselected. They can't be included in your bashed patch or it can break their scripts. I 'suspect' your freezing could be coming from this.

7. zBUArmors.esp - move this up in your load order. While it "shouldn't" do any harm where you have it, to be safe you should park it up at least above your bashed patch. The dude who put the mod together is a knucklehead, so who knows how "safe" the plugin is.....:s

Thanks for the help :)

The lovers mods (or at least, Joburg and AdultPlay - I haven't tried Crowning Isle again yet) no longer leave me frozen, and people no longer have random golden eyeballs.

Of course I still need to figure out why my game looks so much lower quality than everyone else's, but I'm pretty sure that has to do with OBGE or ENB or something.

I recently switched from OBGE to ENB and the difference is staggeringly awesome.

Also you need to look into getting Qarl's texture pack as it will really jazz up better cities textures (provided your rig can handle it - it is not a severe hit so don't panic).

You might take some screen shots with Fraps or something similar so we can see what you are not happy with and make further recommendations.

General info on texture packs: http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/obliviontextureoverhaul.html

Qarl's (see the QTP3: Redimized section): http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/totoworld.html

NOTE: The Redimized is a hefty 1.7GB download so just be aware of that.

Archived