Ammo Box Respawn.esp

medkit and toolbox respawn.esp

Laurens_Bathroom_poetry_V1.esp

AutoGates.esp

SomeClothes.esp

DYNAVISION - Dynamic Lens Effect.esp

Their World.esp

Sydney Follower - Load Order Fix.esp

Pardon me for the long list. I post The load order in case CTD occur on your side.

Some of the mod on the list are Rare. But i can tell most of them are Overworld expansions: Extended Dungeon, exterior, Camera, Creatures, Details, DLC Expansions.

Fallout.3 can be very interesting if you are handy with GECK.

Since New Vegas asset and mod resources can be applied on it.

But more importantly is the Resident Evil: Operation racoon city.

Ah, If i only i have some free-time on those.

But Emily is so busy recently.

First thing, make sure you are on the 1.7 patch.

Then, ignore any advice about turning esps into esms. This was ONLY a work round for the 1.5 patch being broken beyond use, and should be IGNORED.

Find esps where the maker 'helpfully' preset them as masters for you and flip them back into esps with the tool of your choice. This will save much grief.

Recommendations (only a few):

Mothership crew.

Sydney follower (be sure to flip back to a proper esp and ignore the load order patch attempt).

DCInteriors

Busworld

Yeah Symon, I've got the patch .exe saved with my mods.

DC Interiors has caught my interest before, I may give it a go.

Anyone know any mods that compliment FWE in adding Fallout material (Weapons/armor/etc) back to the game ? It's rather nice to have a propper fallout laser pistol, or gauss rifle, rather than only the fugly shit bethesda made.

Yeah Symon' date=' I've got the patch .exe saved with my mods.

DC Interiors has caught my interest before, I may give it a go.

Anyone know any mods that compliment FWE in adding Fallout material (Weapons/armor/etc) back to the game ? It's rather nice to have a propper fallout laser pistol, or gauss rifle, rather than only the fugly shit bethesda made.

[/quote']

I'd suggest:

RH Ironsights with FWE patch.

Classic Fallout Weapons

FO3-WRP

The second one looks good astymma, but I've had issues with RH Ironsights fucking up a few guns, and being off center, which has made me less eager to use the mod again.

Also regarding that classic weapons mod, is it FWE compatable ?

If not, anyone here feel like walking me thru replacing the models with the classic weapon pack's gun models ?

Either way, it'd looks like for the classic weapons that that mod does re-add, it looks quite nice (better than FWE in a few cases) minus some of the missing weapons, such as gauss types.

Honestly' date=' I'd just suggest Tale of Two Wastelands. Playing in the Capital Wasteland with NV's mechanics is ace.

[/quote']

Can we use FO3 mod on Tale of Two Wastelands?

There are lot of mod from fo3 that i can't live with. I don't actually play new Vegas but i do extract all their data to my FO3 and uses them as mod resources to play both game at a time.

It's Pretty fun, It felt like The sims.2 + Resident Evil.

Honestly' date=' I'd just suggest Tale of Two Wastelands. Playing in the Capital Wasteland with NV's mechanics is ace.

[/quote']

Can we use FO3 mod on Tale of Two Wastelands?

There are lot of mod from fo3 that i can't live with. I don't actually play new Vegas but i do extract all their data to my FO3 and uses them as mod resources to play both game at a time.

It's Pretty fun, It felt like The sims.2 + Resident Evil.

Yes, you can. With little work, mostly changing the mod master to FalloutNV, it should make FO3 mods run with TTW.

The second one looks good astymma' date=' but I've had issues with RH Ironsights fucking up a few guns, and being off center, which has made me less eager to use the mod again.

Also regarding that classic weapons mod, is it FWE compatable ?

If not, anyone here feel like walking me thru replacing the models with the classic weapon pack's gun models ?

Either way, it'd looks like for the classic weapons that that mod does re-add, it looks quite nice (better than FWE in a few cases) minus some of the missing weapons, such as gauss types.

[/quote']

IIRC FWE already includes a tweaked version of Classic Fallout Weapons. Using the standalone version could result in CFW weapons being too under/-overpowered, because of the changes FWE makes to the game.

IIRC FWE already includes a tweaked version of Classic Fallout Weapons. Using the standalone version could result in CFW weapons being too under/-overpowered' date=' because of the changes FWE makes to the game.

[/quote']

Ah ok that works too, though I'd be happy replacing the FWE Winchester plasma rifle with a more FOish one, things supposed to be held like a bug gun afterall.

Oh I saw that on the front page of Nexus I think, the tutorials in RH ironsights and such.

Actually what Im really curious about, have there been any mods that fix one of the bigger blunders by bethesda, and give FO3 ammo types like FO/FO2 had ?

I imagine it wouldn't be too hard, just some scripted item to replace a weapon with an identical copy that uses the ammo type you want to switch to.

Of course I dobut this since most FO3 modders are bethesda fanboys too busy adding chainmail bikinis with god level armor :P .

Oh I saw that on the front page of Nexus I think' date=' the tutorials in RH ironsights and such.

Actually what Im really curious about, have there been any mods that fix one of the bigger blunders by bethesda, and give FO3 ammo types like FO/FO2 had ?

I imagine it wouldn't be too hard, just some scripted item to replace a weapon with an identical copy that uses the ammo type you want to switch to.

Of course I dobut this since most FO3 modders are bethesda fanboys too busy adding chainmail bikinis with god level armor :P .

[/quote']

I wish I had those videos, when I first started modding. I learned everything the hard way. :P

If you're talking more different kind of ammo, than you're good to go with FWE and CALIBR. If you're talking special ammo like HP and AP, I don't know. Apocalypse Armory has a lot of new guns and ammo types, but the last time I've played that, it wasn't compatible with FWE, so you'd have to choose or make your own comp. patch. Might be that they've done one now, not sure.

The almighty chainmail bikini is complementary if you join the nexus.:D

FWE is allready on my standard install list, yes I was talking about 'special' ammo types, which until FO3 were standard in Fallout.

It'd be awesome to get a pancor jackhammer (top shotgun in Fallout) from FWE working ingame, and be able to load slugs when facing enclave, or flechets against super mutants or deathclaws, or hell just make the basic choice between FMJ/JHP ammp

This also appears to be a mod worth getting, however I've yet to really test it much.

Yeah, that would be Apcocalypse Armory. But I just checked and from the looks of it, it got pulled from Nexus. :rolleyes: There is a FWE/CALIBR compatibility patch though... :D

Never used that combat mod you mentioned. I'd check the FWE combat section on their website to see, if it conflicts, or if it's needed at all. https://sites.google.com/site/fo3wanderersedition/home

With FWE you pretty much got the whole package gameplay-wise.

Some recommendations for general de-Bethesda-fication (just checked my 1-year-old install, so some mods might not be available anymore):

Add WeaponModKits for modding fun, EVE for some good old laser action and better effects, MMM for more monsters and more challenge (Wannamingos!), FNNCQ for a comprehensive slavery overhaul, ACR for a completely modifiable assault rifle that is truly awesome, CASM for autosaves, DTO for your +1 armor needs, dynamic weather (or enhanced weather) and lastly CUBE Experimental for one of the best quest mods ever made for any game (imo; it's from the same guys, that made the Nehrim total conversion for Oblivion).

All of them play nicely together, from a gameplay point of view and have either FOIP or work with FWE out of the box. Also, they don't turn you into the half god you usually are around mid-game.;)

Be careful, when installing any or all of them at once, mid-game.

BOSS, FO3Edit, Wrye or FOMM should be used. You also might need to use FO3Edit's MasterUpdate. It might be broken for New Vegas, but is needed for a lot of FO3-mods.

FWE doesn't really alter the combat AI of FO3 as far as I can tell (admitedly Ive now logged more hours with than without FWE) but since installing it, combat is MUCH harder, also the AIs seem to be much more effective at injuring limbs now too, and generally not always be quite as stupid as before.

So far, I approve of it.

As for MMM, Ive heard it basically makes hostile NPCs spawn quick as hell, and all over the place too, not sure if that's what I'm looking for as part of it being a wasteland should mean it is mostly lifeless, not a baddie around every corner like in vanilla.

Of course that was also one of my reasons for saying taking it FPS would be a bad idea, back before bethesda go the rights even, because if it's 3d, you're not going to have a world map as the only city to city travel method.

Yeah, MMM takes it over the top at times. Makes it a lot harder though. But it's configurable with an ingame menu, so you could adjust it to whatever you like.

I'm not sure if it's necessarily a bad idea to take it FPS. I think that's not the main problem of FO3.

But I don't want to go down that road again.;) If you want some good laughs go to NMA and read their reviews of FO3.

Top down is coming back with Wasteland 2 and some of the original Fallout devs, so you might get what you wish for in the future.

You also might need to use FO3Edit's MasterUpdate. It might be broken for New Vegas' date=' but is needed for a lot of FO3-mods.[/quote']

I said this in an earlier post, but I'll have to repeat it.

A thousand times no! This was only for use with the busted FO3 1.5 patch. It's not needed on 1.6 and 1.7. In fact you should look for mods that have been so treated and reverse the process.

It's this procedure that makes F03 so unstable that many people think it hopeless. My FO3 is rock-stable in part because it has many mods but no esmified esps. All reversed when I first downloaded the mod.

esps are NOT esms and should not be semi-turned into one. That option is only needed to reverse esmifying an esp.

I repeat NEVER DO THIS. Advice to do so is redundant unless you are using the broken 1.5 patch.

You also might need to use FO3Edit's MasterUpdate. It might be broken for New Vegas' date=' but is needed for a lot of FO3-mods.[/quote']

I said this in an earlier post, but I'll have to repeat it.

A thousand times no! This was only for use with the busted FO3 1.5 patch. It's not needed on 1.6 and 1.7. In fact you should look for mods that have been so treated and reverse the process.

It's this procedure that makes F03 so unstable that many people think it hopeless. My FO3 is rock-stable in part because it has many mods but no esmified esps. All reversed when I first downloaded the mod.

esps are NOT esms and should not be semi-turned into one. That option is only needed to reverse esmifying an esp.

I repeat NEVER DO THIS. Advice to do so is redundant unless you are using the broken 1.5 patch.

Okay, didn't know that. The last time I've played, I was still using that method and didn't run into any problems. At least none that I noticed. The occasional CTD not counting, as I saw them as part of a heavily modded game. :s So this might have been the culprit. Good to know.

The problem might be that a lot of mod guides and readmes(?) still reference MasterUpdate, MasterRestore and advice their users to do it. Not everybody seems to have changed them accordingly or the people that have written them, don't/didn't know or care about them anymore.

Yeah, a lot of FO3 modders just gave up with 1.5. The advice was given (and helped) with the 1.5 patch (only).

With 1.6 (and later 1.7) it didn't help that Beth didn't list it as a fixed bug (IIRC, they never acknowledged the issue existed.) Hence, obsolete advice that was not updated with the later (much better) patches.

See:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_patch_1.6

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_patch_1.7

Note this -

Bug fixes

* Fixed the problems v1.5 had with incorrectly loading new objects from esp. [unlisted]

* Fixed the problems v1.5 had with saving with new objects from esp loaded. [unlisted]

Unlisted (by Bethesda). The official documentation for those patches was useless, but they actually seem to fix much that is badly broken.

Archived