How many mods do you run???

goldust

• 2 weeks later...

Running about 900 mods on Oldrim.  I would say about 450 of those mods are 2K-4K textures.  530  plugins merged down to 223.  Game is perfectly stable. Ok, maybe a random CTD every 30hrs of gameplay or so, but I can live with that.  The game is now 185GB in size and it can often gobble up 9-10GB VRAM and anywhere from 15-22GB's of System RAM depending on the scenery.  But damn does it look great!! One thing that really helped me a lot to was to install the game on a 500GB NVME SSD.  With random read speeds at around 1GB/s, this greatly reduced load times with all the HD textures, and it has also substantially reduced stuttering issues.   Running everything with a 5820K CPU at 4.2GHz, 32GB's RAM, and a 1080Ti GPU.  

Thanks to the addition of the esl format for Skyrim Special Edition, I have around 200 or so smaller mods while I only have 115 plug-in slots occupied in the mod organizer, most of which were merged before esl was introduced. If they were not merged, then it would be around 150-175 plug-in slots taken up right now. I might try to squeeze another few in there, risking the precious stability that I just managed to regain recently.

As for mods without any esp or esl files, I use bits and pieces of hundreds of other aesthetic mods to customize everything to my liking.

I like to keep a separate folder with all of the assets inside of it just in case I accidentally overwrite something or have to re-install and don't want to go through the trouble to mixing and matching everything all over again.

• 2 weeks later...

Well LOOT tells me I have 207 but I suppose that if you count all the merged mods and the several that don't use an esp or esm probably somewhere around 270 to 280 in Oldrim. 5 houses merged into 1, 36 followers merged into 2, 12 weapon/spells into 1. So 52 mods reduced to 4. 

Archived