Is my game being unresponsive?

I get this really annoying delay when I click the attack button. I click it to swing, yet nothing happens until I click it again and again. Is this just happening to me or are others experiencing this?

I'm assuming it's because the swing animations take reeeeeally long to finish (it's pretty fucking stupid too, the swings are way too over exaggerated). Is there any way to alleviate this?

Been playing a bit more and I've noticed the same thing with blocks. I installed the deaedly combat mod which encourages you to time your blocks however it takes at least 1 second after I press the right mouse button before I raise a weapon or shield to to block.

I get this really annoying delay when I click the attack button. I click it to swing' date=' yet nothing happens until I click it again and again. Is this just happening to me or are others experiencing this?

I'm assuming it's because the swing animations take reeeeeally long to finish (it's pretty fucking stupid too, the swings are way too over exaggerated). Is there any way to alleviate this?

Been playing a bit more and I've noticed the same thing with blocks. I installed the deaedly combat mod which encourages you to time your blocks however it takes at least 1 second after I press the right mouse button before I raise a weapon or shield to to block.

[/quote']

Either your PC is slow and you have too many mods or there is a script from some mods running that took up most process time.

Load the save game as far back as you can and try to see what happen. Try to do this in small area like a house.

I have this problem as wellbut mostly with script activation like "feeding", transform to VampireLord and such, the game will take long time to do it if I stay in area with lots of NPC and such.

This problem is mostly due to script delay response.

From my experience (read: countless fuck ups with random crap randomly not working properly) the most suitable suspects are FNIS and stuff that makes use of it. Even if apparently done by the book, random error can arise. Example: when i attacked nothing happened on the first click, or only half animation played and then stopped the attack, 2 attacks with the same animation, overall lack of rensposiveness.

Try removing that stuff, if you're using any, and see if it solves it.

OR, make sure you update to FNIS 3.3.1 (3.3 worked with the beta 1.8.145.x, but Fore needed to update to 3.3.1 with the official 1.8.151.x release. And there were reports of animation issues with 3.3 that are appeared to be cleared up with 3.3.1. I was using 1.8.151 and 3.3.1 last night with no issues whatsoever (so far).

What's your average FPS?

FPS has little to do with script delaying. Most actions, most loading are working normally for most people, it only have problem when you use script to activate something.

@srayesmanll

I'll try to deactivate FNIS since I have problems with it in the past as well. I never thought about it, but I think it maybe relate to my problem as well since feeding and transforming delay may very well cause by animation issues.

Archived