NMM being an idiot

I hate NMM. With a passion. But sadly most modders make FOMODs instead of the clearly superior BAIN.

Anyway, yesterday suddenly, out of nowhere, NMM decided to start being a moron. Whenever I now want to install a mod (in this case AAF Magno cum gaudio) it gives me an error that I need to make ini adjustments to turn modding on. FFS, I HAVE made those, weeks ago! How the hell does NMM think I've got those other dozens of mods installed, that I installed through this exact NMM!

Does anyone know what could be the reason for it to suddenly start doing that? I've already tried reinstalling it, no joy, am holding deleting configuration files for the last because that would uninstall my installed mods as well.

22 hours ago, Ya_akira said:

More than likely your Fallout4Custom.ini file got replaced with a non modded version. I'd recheck and see if the fix is applied.

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation#How_To_Enable_Fallout_4_Mods

I did check. I checked all ini files to make sure, they are all as they should be, and that's the exact link NMM gives me to follow. Why is this happening is beyond me.

3 hours ago, user9120975435 said:

I did check. I checked all ini files to make sure, they are all as they should be, and that's the exact link NMM gives me to follow. Why is this happening is beyond me.

Make sure the profile isn't storing the ini files. I believe it does with NMM and Mod organizer both.

Archived