Remove/hide hair and clothes from the game?

dp16

Hi, wondering if it is possible to, preferably remove vanilla clothes and hairs makeup etc. In some easy way like script that disables loading them at all, or if not removing I guess prevent loading or appearing in random generated sims would be good too.

And another question, if there is a way to apply makeup through all presets and sub presets (1 2 3 etc. of specific main preset) quicker.

yes they are called "CAS hiders" I have two on my blog for now but I'll show you how its done its pretty simple

you are going to needs Sims 4 Studio. If you don't have it I would encourage you to download it. It is pretty much necessary if you want to control how your CAS item catalogue looks on your own. You can use it to add/remove clothing tags like formal, sleep, athletic, skirt, shorts, underwear, etc. sometimes people do not tag their clothes properly.

Spoiler

make a folder in your Mods folder called "CAS hiders"

you are going to create a package that overrides the item you don't want to see in your game.

press "override" then hit the blue CAS button

image.png.8d512070d6597ad73f463949b4639b18.png

select the items that you don't want to see from the filtered list. you will notice you cannot select everything all at once, they have to be swatches of the same clothing item. I selected this group of earrings. Move your mouse over one of the items and take note of its name

image.thumb.png.80ebc0969817e214ac22059b036dc1be.png

click "next" at the bottom

name the file after the name of the item. Save it into your "CAS hiders" folder you made.

I would include the term "CAS hider" in the name. You would do well to not lose this file I'll explain at the bottom

Almost done

image.png.eba5ff4f62c89085714723a188b17b21.png

uncheck all the boxes for the gender and age categories in section 1. These selections determine which sims get see this item in CAS, and you don't want anyone to see it.

apply your selection to all the swatches with the button by number 2, confirm this action when a window pops up

save the package

image.thumb.png.ff01478578d597334fada7b8982f19f6.png

You're done, you've overrode an item in the game with a version that isn't visible to anyone in CAS. again make sure you don't lose track of the file. it's purpose is to make something hidden in your game and who's knows if you ever want to get the item back in your menu. if you ever want the item back again, you can delete the CAS hider you made. it does not remove this item from the game, just from your CAS menu.

if you don't want NPC's randomly wearing this item, you can uncheck the "enable for random" box at the very bottom of this menu. Again, click "apply to all swatches" box after unchecking this box.

And another question, if there is a way to apply makeup through all presets and sub presets (1 2 3 etc. of specific main preset) quicker.

yes someone at MTS made a mod for this it's called Unify HMT

@dp16

Yea I do use sims 4 studio/blender, for editing clothes cc, to just replace lower body with eve body, as default legs are like noodles p:

Ok that sounds simple just removing categories, was not expecting that, thanks! Will check your blog, I did find some time ago hair hiders, will LF more before I do my own @crabb

Archived