My ROFL episode with Vamp Dante

6XXENG

One day, I posted the images on nexus which are look like this one.

screenshot301o.jpg

Then, VD wiped out my whole image archives I had posted on nexus, and quoted like this.

*Warning* Huge Image to scroll down

nexusmodscom20121023223.jpg

What I have understood with my low level skill of english, is he trying to leave Victoria as an exceptional case or smth?

It's probably because VictoriaG is a very long time premium user and contributes to the site with mods. It's harder to deal with her pictures because she is one of the valuable members who supports the site. She's might even be friends with some of the moderators.

In a weird sense, I think it's fair. Special treatment for people who support the site, and average treatment for those who don't. Don't take it too personally. x -x, Though, I still think it sucks and feel everyone should be treated equally.

So... the rich people who pay the government money can avoid the law and the lower class citizens suffer the consequences?

Wow... Just wow. Their so corrupt that they don't even know what their job as being admins are for. If I were to live under this person, it would be hell.

Let's compare the 2 shall we?

VictoriaG

Premium Member

Joined 09 June 2008

Posts: 2,338 Topics: 43 Files tagged: 4 File images: 350 Endorsements given: 183

6XXENG

Posts: 129 Topics: 0 Files tagged: 0 File images: 63 Endorsements given: 10

Now to break it down.

VG has been apart of the nexus family along time.

VG is a Premium Member

(Without the support of the Premium Members the Nexus sites would cease to exist.)

Just sayin.

And um. seriously? Your comparing committing a felony to posting images with Ported | Ripped content?

^ made me giggle.

That being said. Usually it goes like this.

Posting Images of Your Character using mods located on Nexus = Good

Posting Images of Your Character using mods not located on Nexus = Bad

The Following was from Nexus.

you should only upload images that would be acceptable in the file database. This, importantly, means that you should not upload pictures of mods you are using that would not be allowed in the file database such as mods using ported or copyrighted content. Whether or not you use these mods is your choice, but please do not upload pictures of these mods in action to the Image Share section of the sites.

It's probably because VictoriaG is a very long time premium user and contributes to the site with mods. It's harder to deal with her pictures because she is one of the valuable members who supports the site. She's might even be friends with some of the moderators.

In a weird sense' date=' I think it's fair. Special treatment for people who support the site, and average treatment for those who don't. Don't take it too personally. x -x, Though, I still think it sucks and feel everyone should be treated equally.

[/quote']

Yep the Nexus won't get rid of a funding source. No company will unless they break the law.

I really don't give a rats ass if it made you giggle or shit your pants' date=' the fact of the matter is the rules are in place for a bloody reason, making light of it doesn't change that. If there going to break there own stinking rules why have them in the first place. Does it make non-contributors lesser people then contributors? That would be elitist thinking. I guess this whole topic is moot since there all better then us.

[/quote']

Chill dude, have a beer on me :cool: .

Fact is, their premium members can get away with murder and it's a known fact. Look at the case of 83Willow. Premium member bumping the numbers up with multiple log-ons (a banning offense just on it's own) doing endorsements and voting of their own mods, and what happens? 1-2 month ban. Oh dear. Hell I just recently reported 2 different trolling cases, one on a premium member and one on a regular member. The premium member? The comment section of that mod was stripped of the trolling comment and any comments referring to it. Never seen that happen with normal bans unless the troll comment was racist/bigoted (this one wasn't but he was an asshole to mod dev none the less). But the land owner (premium) member never showed up in the 'ban' list. The serf member? Banned within the hour. So yes, they have high justice and low justice there. We the peons who refuse to join the ranks of the land-owners (premiums) will have to suffer with low justice. It's the cost of doing business with DarkOne's little kingdom. Only thing I can say is, either live with it because it ain't changing anytime soon, or don't go there. There's always Steam Workshop :s .

I don't drink' date=' period.

Analyze or break it down any way you like, it still adds up to hypocrisy.

If the Nexus is a place you like, so be it. but defending it or it's Business Model to me is a waste of time. I have no plans to "Live" with it, nothing gets changed by sitting back on one's haunches. Now does it.

[/quote']

Not sure who all of that was directed towards, but let me start again:

Calm down dude, have a nice herbal tea (Chamomile is my favorite :cool: )... (better?)

Anyway, take a bit closer read (after having the tea) and note that I am not defending the practice, I was just relating what I saw there. What I am also saying is they have their "rules" in their little kingdom, and if you want to trade in their kingdom, you have to understand that and follow their "rules". That is all. I did not say they were right, I did not say they were wrong. I do agree with you that it should be the same rules whether serf or noble, but we all know that will never be the case. They have proven that numerous times. So either live with the bullshit and take what they have without interacting with them (no comments, no image posting, no endorsing, no voting, just download manually and have fun with the available mods), or start using Steam (and all of the bullshit that they will eventually have as well, if they don't already). Or just use whatever you can find in the wild world web (I prefer that name over world wide web :P ).

nothing gets changed by sitting back on one's haunches.

And how do you propose to change Nexus? DDoS attacks? Whining how they are unfair? Going there and making your feelings known so that they can ban you (probably AGAIN)? Tying DarkOne to chair like "Swimming with Sharks"? DarkOne has made it abundantly clear that it's his way or the highway. So again, if you don't like them, don't go there. Simple. Because you ain't changing anything there.

[EDIT]By the way, I really do like chamomile tea. In fact, tea (all types, black, green, white, herbal, although haven't tried any red teas) is pretty much all I drink except for the occasional foray into beer...[/EDIT]

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd let you know that Dante did indeed focus on my imageshare for the same reason as the OP, I've had to remove 288 of my images and 4 menu replacer mods so I haven't escaped any action that are being taken against any other user there although I would say my 'value' to the site is questionable I'm certainly disliked by some of the other moderators there.

Looking at the original post well I now know who to thank, perhaps it wasn't your best move, when confronted with Nexus staff, to shaft another screenshooter then post the image of it.

Hi Guys' date='

Just thought I'd let you know that Dante did indeed focus on my imageshare for the same reason as the OP, I've had to remove 288 of my images and 4 menu replacer mods so I haven't escaped any action that are being taken against any other user there although I would say my 'value' to the site is questionable I'm certainly disliked by some of the other moderators there.

Looking at the original post well I now know who to thank, perhaps it wasn't your best move, when confronted with Nexus staff, to shaft another screenshooter.

[/quote']

OK, I tend to be one of the few here that think that the most (please remember, I said most, not all) of the moderators do an OK job there, although with some glaring stupidity, like this. I took a look at your image share that you have linked in your sig. Are any of those images part of your menu screen replacements? I recognized a lot of them, but not sure. Were any of the "offensive" images from the replacers in that image share? Because I could only find 2 "topless" images and they used the "hand bra" technique, so everything was covered. Everything I saw in your image share was gorgeous. There are some skimpy shots, but they were all very well done and nothing that even be considered remotely "offensive", even by Nexus rules. I'm real curious as to what the "offensive" ones were. This is one of those times where I begin to think "Yep everyone here is right, the moderators there need a cranial-rectal extraction (need to have their heads pulled out of their arses)."

Keep up the wonderful work, it's great stuff.

You know, you could always have a "Too Hot For Nexus" menu replacer series available at LoversLab :cool: ...

Thanks hun, the images removed from the imageshare all featured Krista's jewelery and the Arwen dress which apparently also originates from Krista, everything from Krista is regarded by the staff there as stolen or ripped including her body mod.

It should also be noted that the majority of staff there consider the 'hand bra' pose or as they put it 'skin to skin' as nudity and all images I had using that particular pose were deleted from the general imageshare.

For my menu replacers I had to remove a couple from 1 & 2 but the others contained too many of the 288 images I had to delete (yes they made me do the mods to) so I put up reworked versions of 3 & 4 using safe images.

Heh. Funny my first post here after having been part of this board for--while not too long--but still a little while is over this issue (probably because it's something been dealing with for over a decade now :P). Largely because I've seen the same sort of thing at other mod sites going back years (it's by far not limited to Nexus), as far back as when I was modding for NwN1&2 and KotOR1&2 (though I haven't done any modding for years, mostly just take pretty pics now :P).

But, there is a bit of favoritism the "admins" have there at Nexus I've noticed given who they decide lay the hammer down on and those they oddly do not do so when committing the same identical offenses (or at least, to a much lesser extent). But, to be perfectly candid, that's to be expected--that's been happening a mod sites going as far back as I can recall, to even back in the late-90s when playing Ultima Online and EQ1 with some of their now ancient mod sites. Not saying its right or that nothing should be done, just saying--it shouldn't be as much of a surprise as some seem to find it to be.

Personally, I've only gotten into posting Skyrim pics within the last several months, and that's only after a couple friends on Steam convinced me to (though admittedly they didn't have to try very hard :P) as they also post pics on Nexus as well. Thing is, because how nonsensically anal some of the Nexus admins/moderators can get, while being a bit more lax with others (or just turning a blind eye to them), I'm very, very cautious about what post up on there and suggest others be, too. This pic I was worried I'd catch some guff over, because I've known some posters take crap from moderators for posting less (one of my friends being such). Which prevents me from posting up what I consider my better pics of my chars, because some of them are a bit more--while not blatantly nudity--are definitely on the sensual side.

All in all, it boils down to the admin/moderator themselves and their own biases. That's the truth of it, and that's how it typically always is (not saying it should be liked or nothing done about it, just to be aware of before posting pics and mods and whatnot). So when posting pics on large mod sites like Nexus, the poster needs to think about that.

Unrelated side note: I am often jealous of VictoriaG's pics. :dodgy:

Heh. Funny my first post here after having been part of this board for--while not too long--but still a little while is over this issue (probably because it's something been dealing with for over a decade now :P). Largely because I've seen the same sort of thing at other mod sites going back years (it's by far not limited to Nexus)' date=' as far back as when I was modding for NwN1&2 and KotOR1&2 (though I haven't done any modding for years, mostly just take pretty pics now :P).

But, there is a bit of favoritism the "admins" have there at Nexus I've noticed given who they decide lay the hammer down on and those they oddly do not do so when committing the same identical offenses (or at least, to a much lesser extent). But, to be perfectly candid, that's to be expected--that's been happening a mod sites going as far back as I can recall, to even back in the late-90s when playing Ultima Online and EQ1 with some of their now ancient mod sites. Not saying its right or that nothing should be done, just saying--it shouldn't be as much of a surprise as some seem to find it to be.

Personally, I've only gotten into posting Skyrim pics within the last several months, and that's only after a couple friends on Steam convinced me to (though admittedly they didn't have to try very hard :P) as they also post pics on Nexus as well. Thing is, because how nonsensically anal some of the Nexus admins/moderators can get, while being a bit more lax with others (or just turning a blind eye to them), I'm very, very cautious about what post up on there and suggest others be, too. This pic I was worried I'd catch some guff over, because I've known some posters take crap from moderators for posting less (one of my friends being such). Which prevents me from posting up what I consider my better pics of my chars, because some of them are a bit more--while not blatantly nudity--are definitely on the sensual side.

All in all, it boils down to the admin/moderator themselves and their own biases. That's the truth of it, and that's how it typically always is (not saying it should be liked or nothing done about it, just to be aware of before posting pics and mods and whatnot). So when posting pics on large mod sites like Nexus, the poster needs to think about that.

Unrelated side note: I am often jealous of VictoriaG's pics. :dodgy:

Just like in my response to VictoriaG - you could always post here in a Too Hot For Nexus type thread. We would definitely appreciate both of posting your works that might be "not quite right" for Nexus...

Archived