Voice Attack Mod - CommandVoice

crimsonkain

Hello there!

It seems like fo4 is starting to get in the golden age of mods. Everytime I've tried to play since buying it, I would get frustrated from mods breaking stuff or generally things not working as they should. I personally hate using K & M as a controller feels more "immersive" to me. My biggest gripe was lack of control and for some reason the last time I tried to play joytokey wasn't working for me. Once I got everything setup, I learned how little there was in the way of seamlessly giving commands to your team. AFT(Amazing Follower Tweaks) does a good job of this if you use the Pipboy App. However, that wasn't good enough for me.

After 3 weeks of learning papyrus, and pulling apart other people scripts. I have a working mod. There shouldn't be conflicts as it adds a quest / spell / magiceffect and that is it. 

What the mod does

Adds execution of commands with your voice. The mod was originally built to use Actor -> Command -> Actor, in which the actor receiver and the actor target are optional depending on the context. What it does now. Actor (x10) -> Command -> Actor (x10).  Want tell each teammate to attack it's own target but don't want to say Deacon Attack That, Piper Attack That... My mod will allow for up to 10 actors to apply an action to up to 10 corresponding Actors. How this works, basically once you are say a Command and a Target you have 5 seconds to say your next target or the command will execute. Each new target waits another 5 seconds until it executes. Alternatively you can say Now or Cancel to stop the command.

Highlights

-Tell a companion to grab an Item by looking at the item, saying their name "Deacon" and one of the many words I've set up that executes putting them in Favor state and then immediately using the activate button followed by the cancel button. so "Deacon" "grab/go/get".

-Give full squad commands such as retreat or attack anything in sight with one or two words

-Ask companions for help when you are getting ganged up on to focus on your closest attackers

-Do an animation with an actor or command actors to do animations(I have implemented AAF... it does leverage quite a few Adult features this mod will work as adult or non). Want to give your piper a hug? Say "Hug Piper", Want piper to give you a hug? Say "Piper Hug Me"

Features I'm working on

-Squad formations, multiple formations from telling everyone to brawl(close up hand to hand), castle(a mix of melee and snipers), scout(very spread out team), etc...

-Tell companion(s) to heal you or someone else

-Tell companion(s) to switch to a weapon type if they have it and have ammo for it

-Voice lines on command 

-Special dog meat commands, roll over / fetch / use his dogmeat grab attack on command

-Special voice attack(robotic voice) that will echo your command in your headset(haven't fiddled much with it but i like it better than millions of debug messages).

-It would be cool to implement special commands for companions, like a Deacon Headshot <Target x amount>, which has a 40 minute cool down or something and he would basically have a 100% chance to hit the head of each opponent you tell them to.

-If you can think of any mods you want this to leverage I can take a look as it is very easy to do most of them... for those familiar with RSE I will be integrating into it as well once we get a stable release, i know @Flashy (JoeR) has been putting in a ton of work to it and hope he takes his time and makes it as amazing as it can be.

Limitations

-Custom companions currently will need to be done by using one of the base actors and changing their command in voice attack. AI you want to call Piper - Bitch Face. Well call her whatever you want because you can change any of the commands in VA. I will add support for DLC companions.

-Small delay in issuing commands. You do have speak clearly and have very short pauses between words, still looking into how this can be tweaked but as long as you aren't frantically shouting things it has executed commands about 80% or more. These are still much faster than clicking on your companions / target and these commands can be issued while you are doing other things like trying not to be gored by the death claw chasing after you.

-I'm still new to papyrus so if anyone wants to team up I'm a little iffy on implementing somethings such as voice lines or making a companion equip a weapon that is type rifle etc, or drink / eat best food/drink? ... Just some ideas for things I'd rather not go into a menu for and possibly add animations to. A lot of my work has been trail and error, coming from a traditional coding back ground it was nightmarish trying to figure out some of the quirks... like who know .length of an array would return the length of the empty array and not the filled and that there is no freaking built in function for that. 

What you need

Voice Attack - it's 10 dollars, I like it, if you don't then this mod isn't for you

Microphone - I use a ps4 controller and ps4 mic  

Amazing Follower Tweaks - It will somewhat work without but it relies heavily on the follower system it created that allow 6 followers and leverages unique commands from it

Fallout 4 hotkeys - I am using these, MCM takes forever to create all these hotkeys. If you want MCM support I may be adding it in for global features to control animation lengths / AI for if an animation will play depending on the actors relationships with you. This means that my mod is not F4SE dependent for those of you who do not use f4se.

Change your Left Ctrl and Left Alt keys to be the right ctrl and right alt keys - Voice attack / f4 hotkeys both utilize the left ctrl alt and shift for their multi hotkey functionality. If you don't want to power attack and crouch every other command I suggest changing them if you want to try this out.

Optional

AAF - nice to have but will still work, just won't play animation commands

Message me if you want to test it out and I'll do my best to get you setup. This will probably be ready after the weekend so if you don't hear back do not get discouraged. The mod is an ESL, 2 Scripts, hotkeys.ini, and voice attack profile. IT WILL NOT CONFLICT WITH ANY MODS OR PRODUCE CTD, VERY LIGHT WEIGHT BUT PACKS A HUGE PUNCH

I'm at work until Friday morning and I don't have my headset with me, but I'll be wanting to have a look at that. I'm a kb guy mostly but my fingers aren't as swift or sure as they once were. Besides, the thing sounds hella cool. And it might give me the chance to talk dirty to Piper one day?

Sign me up.

Archived