Screenshots and lighting

My short answer- set your in-game gamma the same as your video card gamma setting?

I get the same results as you do but I play Oblivion with a fairly high gamma setting.

When I get a screenshot (even with fraps)that I really like, I just pull it up in photoshop and brighten it.

Mem

Guest ThatOne

Honestly don't have this problem, but if it's a consistent issue you can try increasing brightness in OBGE just before you take a screenshot... Or just brightening the screenshot itself with one of the many image editing tools out there.

As for making it match with what you see in game... You can check your settings. It might have something to do with gamma.

Fully usable Fraps does cost... but in my opinion its worth it.

You will maybe get a little fps hit depending on your system, not very noticable on my lowend pc though.

Screenshots can be taken in several different formats.

Movies can be set to various framerates and quality.

You can decide what folders to save in.

I hear the sound recording can be good too if your sound system has the capability.

Geesh... I am begining to sound like a commercial (grumble)

Mem

Archived