Movie Time - Hollywood is not dead!

labrat

You're right' date=' using a Glow Map isn't hard. But I can't swap the glow texture out with SwapTexture.

Now, there [i']is[/i] a light placed near the 4, but all it's doing is lighting the area around the screen to make it look like the screen is bright enough to be casting light. It's not possible to get the 4 to stand out like that without the screen having a glow map.

And as to the TV tutorial, it doesn't say anything about how to get a new mesh to support it. It only says how to create something to go on his particular version of the vanilla TVs. The screens I need to put stuff on aren't vanilla TVs, so unfortunately I can't use that tutorial.

Have you tried ending your swap texture first path with :3 ? I think :0 is Base image, :1 is normal/specular, :2 is env map mask, :3 glow map, :4 parallax, and :5 env map

Basically do 2 swaptexture calls, one on :0 for base image and another on :3 for glow map.

I didn't try that because I didn't know that method existed. The wiki doesn't even acknowledge that the SwapTexture command exists. I had to copy the code from the chargen scripts' date=' and they only change the base texture. Will test it.

[/quote']

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure if what I said even works. Without any docs on SwapTexture, I'm pretty much guessing based off texture indexing rules and how textures are mapped to named vertex groups.

• 2 weeks later...

All that plugin does is run the PlayBink command, which as mentioned previously takes over the whole screen instead of running on a surface in the interactive game world as is required.

It also replaces a vanilla quest with its own quest, so it's probably not all that safe to use.

Archived