'Be a Bard' Custom songs problem- please help if you can

Hi.

I need to pick your brains and i am so really hoping someone who is in the know-how regarding sound files and xwm files can help me please.

I have installed be a Bard from the nexus Skyrim SE site. On its description it describes how to add your own custom songs. I have 9 xwm song files ready to be used.

I have followed the instructions and places a Sound folder in the data folder. in the sound folder is my 9 xwm files each listed as follows:

1.xwm

2.xwm

etc etc

This as is the mod author explained. I have posted there asking for more help but i am also wanting to see if anyone that might see the glaring issue could help me.

Basically having placed the files as told i load my game. i then via the magic menu select Custom songbook. Then back on main game screen i press Z which activates a main magic and this opens a menu with a row of 9 numbers, each one for a custom song. so i press 1. my player takes out her Lute and bam! CTD. I have tried all sorts of things and i seem to have found that my game does now like a sound folder with xwm files in that directly. 

However, if i then create deeper folders..ie:

Data/Sound/FX/Mus/Bard/Custom and then have the xwm files as listed in the custom folder, then when my character gets her lute out after i chose '1' she proceeds to animate playing the lute. BUT i have no sound at all. For the duration of the song length its total silence :(

Anyone see the obvious thing i have done wrong as i am so confused right now :(

It looks like the deeper directory is not getting called correctly and that the original directory is calling on a bad file. It could be that the song is too long or too high quality for the system to handle it. Try putting a song you know works (like one of the songs from the Mod) in-place of your custom xwm files and see if it works correctly. It could be any number of things that is causing the CTD.

ok my bad. i had mispelled the file names when i was told to rename them as 1.xwm. I had called them 1.wxm. ( facepalms and hides)

As soon as you said check, i double and triple checked and then saw my typo's.

Thank you.  ( <-- feels like a total clutz now.)

since i have renamed them correctly and now Enderal bard songs are working in my SkyrimSE! yay! thank you :)

Archived