New to mods. A few questions!

ralectra

Hey guys.

First of all, I apologize if this isn't the right forum to ask. I'm completely new here and kinda lost! :P I have waaaay too many questions, so I would preciate it very much even if you just answered to one of them! :D

So, since I'm new here and just recently got Skyrim, I've been wanting to sexify it quite a bit. Already I've gotten a few mods to work through the NexusModManager, but not all work (ApachiiSkyHair doesn't work, for example, along with a few others).

Do I need Skyrim to be updated (cause it's version 1.0) for them to work? Or is it something else?

My second question would be how to get armor to fit my ridiculous huge ladies? I've tried downloading some armor packs that are called something like "CHBSC" or "UNP" compatible (dunno what those terms even mean!) but my character just shrinks to the size of a plank when wearing armor.

Also, I would like to know how to get rings, amulets and chains to work (like nipple rings/chains) and I would LOVE to get a character that looks like these girls here (be sure to go through 'em all. It's four pictures):

http://imgur.com/vNP3v,uPvSY,ooI75,FXX5u

Alright, that would be it. I apologize again if this is not the right forum.

Thanks in advance to any who could give me a hand!

You should probably go ahead and install SKSE Skyrim Script extender. It gets installed in the Skyrim directory same place you find the Skyrim.exe file. You will want to launch the game using the SKSE loader instead of the normal launcher.

Now a little file directory info. Most mods get installed in the data directory this is where the esp files go. Under data you have the mesh and texture directories. Meshes (The framework or bones of and object, think of it like a house before the walls go up) go under the mesh directory of course and there are many sub directories under this one. Textures ( Like the painted walls of a house or your skin) go under the Texture directory of course and there are many sub directories under this one.

Ok first off you want a body replacer. The three most common are CBBE, UNP, and CHSBHC. If you are looking for supper busty then CHSBHC is the one you want I mostly use CBBE. Read the install read me for them as they have option that you need to install manually. Actually always read the read me for all mods.

Next you'll want some armor. Now the Armour you get should be for the type of body you got such as this one for CHSBHC . Trying to use and armor for a different body type will ether make your character look like the other body type or it might clip badly. CBBE has a download that replaces the games standard armor to fit the CBBE body type, I think the others might have the same thing. Also if you want nude males then you need a separate male body replacer such as Better males - Beautiful nudes and faces - New hairstyles by Chris57 and FavoredSoul often called FavoredSoul for short.

Other mod you might want are theses Zaz Resources, zarias restraints, Adult Toys, SED7 nipplering piercings for CHSBHC BBP body.

Now if you want sex animations I would recommend using ether Animated Prostitution (I don't use this one) which might be the easiest to get working because it has no requirements, but I believe it is incompatible with FNIS but that might no longer be true, or ASX (I use this one and MLA) but that requires FNIS to use and some people have trouble with it but not me. Please stay away from mini lovers and MLA until you know what you are doing.

I don't use NMM to install my mods I do use Mod Organizer which is nice because it doesn't overwrite any files and it's really easy to uninstall mods cleanly with it. But if your new NMM might not be a bad idea.

Any way good luck, have fun and don't be to upset if you need to re install your game. Also keep your must have mod's stored in a safe place as they can disappear easier then you might think.

Oh wow. I wasn't expecting such a huge pile of information! Thank you very much!

Now, I was wondering. How do you get those nipple rings/chains to work? Do I simply install them and they start working, or do I need to do something else?

Also, is it possible to get, for example, two texture mods (one that adds tanlines and another that adds pubic hair) to work simultaneously? I've been getting some odd and erratic behavior when installing these.

Thank you already for the time you've taking in explaining how mods work to a newb such as me. :P

I haven't used all theses mods myself some I just recommended by the pic's you posted. The nipple rings should just need to be equipped, and are craftable at the forge. Now you might get clipping issues with them when worn under armor.

Now as for the tan lines and public hair it would depend on how they are made but I would expect that most would conflict. I've never used a tan line mod so I not sure on this. If you knew what you where doing you could cut the public hair from one texture and past it on the tan line texture but this isn't something I could help you with but you could find tutorials on it if you look around.

I forgot to talk about BOSS which is a utility that reorders your esp files load order for you. This can be important as when conflicts between mods occur the one lowest in the order wins. A bad load order can cause various issues.

We all start off as newb's people helped me out when I started (and still do for that matter) and I help out others when I can. Especially since I don't make mods I like to give a little something back to the community.

Oh wow. I wasn't expecting such a huge pile of information! Thank you very much!

Now' date=' I was wondering. How do you get those nipple rings/chains to work? Do I simply install them and they start working, or do I need to do something else?

Also, is it possible to get, for example, two texture mods (one that adds tanlines and another that adds pubic hair) to work simultaneously? I've been getting some odd and erratic behavior when installing these.

Thank you already for the time you've taking in explaining how mods work to a newb such as me. :P

[/quote']

One thing you need to make sure of is that you get the right mods for the right bodies. 99% of the time, Armor mods will tell you what body mod they use. For those that don't (I really have yet to see one that doesn't state the body type the armor is made for), you're better off not downloading.

As for using Multiple Textures, not always possible. Some "texture changers" only change the specular maps (For example, using GlossTech will add a glossy look to your in-game characters). These types of texture mods can indeed be used to other body textures as they only replace the Specular Map and not the Texture Map.

As for adding pubic hair AND tanlines, it's POSSIBLE but not as easy. For the most part, texture mods (even some of the tanline ones) give you options for different types of pubic hair, etc...

Modding Skyrim can be a royal pain in the ass sometimes. There's a lot of trial and error involved in getting certain mods to work with others. There are so many mods that all form threads in this massive tapestry, that it's very difficult to pinpoint a conflict or error. Try not to get too frustrated, and don't be afraid to ask the community for their input whenever you need help.

Cheers!

Archived