Delay when changing clothes

Are you using UUNP or CBBE RaceMenuMorphs.esp in your game? I mean the plugin that allows your clothing that was built with Bodyslide (when the "build morphs" box is ticked) to conform to your body shape as you created it in Racemenu.

If you are using that plugin and morph-enabled clothing, it might explain a bit of a delay when switching clothes, especially if the clothes' models (the .nif files) are complex. Two minutes of lockup does sound quite excessive, though I've seen happen it in my game for shorter durations (up to several seconds) when dealing with complicated models for the clothing.

Devious Training is a mod that changes some of your character's Racemenu scales, so maybe there's a clash here somewhere or it's just causing too much stress on the engine together with the morphs. That's just a guess though, I really don't want to put blame on DT.

To be sure that nothing bad is going on, I'd recommend running with logging enabled and then swap some of the clothes that you know cause the issue. Check the log for errors and crucially that you don't get stack dumps, which would mean your savegame is ruined.

On 6/21/2018 at 1:47 PM, El_Duderino said:

Are you using UUNP or CBBE RaceMenuMorphs.esp in your game? I mean the plugin that allows your clothing that was built with Bodyslide (when the "build morphs" box is ticked) to conform to your body shape as you created it in Racemenu.

If you are using that plugin and morph-enabled clothing, it might explain a bit of a delay when switching clothes, especially if the clothes' models (the .nif files) are complex. Two minutes of lockup does sound quite excessive, though I've seen happen it in my game for shorter durations (up to several seconds) when dealing with complicated models for the clothing.

Devious Training is a mod that changes some of your character's Racemenu scales, so maybe there's a clash here somewhere or it's just causing too much stress on the engine together with the morphs. That's just a guess though, I really don't want to put blame on DT.

To be sure that nothing bad is going on, I'd recommend running with logging enabled and then swap some of the clothes that you know cause the issue. Check the log for errors and crucially that you don't get stack dumps, which would mean your savegame is ruined.

Thanks for pointing me into a direction to look at. It seems that I fried my save indeed.

Archived