The State of Virtual Reality?

Latrel314

Is there an updated thread on what currently works with VR as of just recent, and more importantly, how to install properly for VR?

I'm new to modding and have Skyrim VR.  I have spend days trying to get things working and seems some things do, but most doesn't, and possibly because I'm doing it wrong.  As a result of trying so many things in an attempt to get things working, I think will start over with a fresh install.  What should I install first, where is the proper VR install, etc?  I'm really excited with VR and modding, but extremely frustrated with at the moment.

Could someone compile a list of what to install first to get mods up running in VR and then what mods can be added?  It would really be appreciated.

Modding SkyrimVR is the same as modding Skyrim Special Edition. Most of the mods are compatible. There are 3 mod managers that can be used - Vortex, NMM and MO2. 

There are lots of explanations, tutorials and videos that help when having problems with installing mods. 

So I am understanding properly, what you are saying is 'everything is perfectly fine with VR, I am just doing it wrong'?

I hope that is the case and doing a complete clean install will get things working.  But as it is now, a lot of things for the SE are not when running on VR, for me.  I am using Vortex to do installs where possible and I also installed Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) Current VR build 2.0.10 (runtime 1.4.15).

What exactly are you trying to install that requires SKSE?

There are several SKSE reliant mods that will not work in VR. SexLab Full been one of them.

You can use SexLab Light and FlowerGirlsVR.

There is a VR section here where you can find more info. I guess the mods will move this thread there soon also.

Added: Don't try to install SkyUI.

Awesome, thank you for your assistance.  SkyUI was one of them I could not get to work.  I attempted SexLabs Full initially, but assumed Light was the way to go in the end.  I just reinstalled the game and starting to reload everything from scratch.

Two questions for you, please:

1). Should I not attempt to install the SKSE VR version, and only install mods not requiring it?

2). Is SexLab Light and FlowerGirlsVR a one-or-the-other type of thing?  Or can they both be enabled?

You can install only mods that do not require SKSE and see if everything works. After that you can try it. There are very few mods at the moment that requite SKSE.

You can have both SL Light and FG. I had to use FNIS XXL so all included animations could be handled. 

The big difference between them is that FG VR will spawn a copy of your character for the animations. SL Light will not.

There are attempts to make SKyUI work, but so far none of them is stable or even can be considered usable without too many problems. 

Archived