[Question] Using Bodyslide for making seperate armor.

From my rather un-professional experience, I don't think it is possible to use outfit studio to create a new outfit from scratch. However, it is possible to create mashups of outfits very easily by using the import .nif function. However, you need to have the mods, from which parts of the outfit are taken, installed (.esp is not necessary). Hence it being a "new outfit" with existing assets.

You could try to create a "new outfit" using existing assets by selecting nodes in each mesh as well and deleting parts of a piece of mesh in such fashion. You can stretch the mesh parts as well (I advise using this conservatively because the texture is based on the nodes for the mesh and so having nodes very far apart can lower the quality of the "new outfit".

An example I have done for UUNP is shown below using existing meshes from Karter's Royal Hunting and TW3 Triss DLC outfit.

image.png

As you can imagine however, this method can be tedious and require ALOT of testing to get right.

However, it is, in my experience, the easiest way to create "new" outfits.

Archived