How do you make an alias for any non-unique actor in a faction?

qtpie

If I wanted to work in a bar and take drink orders from patrons, I'd need to add a reference alias for the actor I want to talk with to my scene.

I tried creating an empty reference alias, and then using ForceRef to fill it, but any actor in a scene added this way wont say any lines.

7 minutes ago, qtpie said:

If I wanted to work in a bar and take drink orders from patrons, I'd need to add a reference alias for the actor I want to talk with to my scene.

I tried creating an empty reference alias, and then using ForceRef to fill it, but any actor in a scene added this way wont say any lines.

Sorry, not really expert in FO4, but if it's similart o Skyrim, you need to define in the quest the lines and link them to base actor (in conditions, getID baseactor) or a faction (i.e. MyBarPatronsFaction, in that case your actor must be in the faction).

I'd also check the priority level of your quest. If the actors have other dialogues with better priority, your dialogues will never show up, and they'll use thos instead.

If you can elaborate a bit more what exactly the scenario is, how dynamic it needs to be, etc. then I'll be able to help you.

Without further information, my only thought would be that you're going to have to devise a system to fill the RefAlias during runtime, since you'll most likely have different patrons that need to be dynamically filled into the alias depending on which one of these patrons the player talks to.

Archived