Dawnguard DLC, Your already a Vampire?

Sinaura

Alright que semi rant of something that just hit me a few hours ago.

----->Spoilers, for those who have not played Dawnguard<-----

Why in the hell is there not a way to start the story from the vampire side? Especial for those already being a Vampire.

Now, i recently decided to do a full playthrough as a Vampire Spellsword, er Spelldagger in this case[i like to assassinate]. so i grabed the mod "Alternate Start" which allowed me to start the game as a vampire. So im questing along and i hit level 10, just came back into whiterun for a few quest turn ins, and who is there waiting to give me a quest to join dawnguard? Durak. He walks up talks his stuff, tells me to join and all i can think is,

"Um dude, do you not see my glowing eyes? or the blood on my characters shirt? or the pale skin? or the fact that im only out at night? Your supposed to be vampire hunter right?"

Like seriously, the character itself talks about how AWEsome the dawnguard is or is going to be at catching vampires, but they cant even see one in front of them?? wth?....BUT THEN, i had like a brainstomring idea.

The Boat to the Volkihar castle, is near the solitude area. So say your Vampire character was to walk into the solitude inn, or be walking around in that area. The vampire "menace" would be stronger there. Your character could even run into someone specifically sent by Harkon to keep them in check and or tell them of a mission he has decided for them. The NPC would explain who Harkon is, an about how "its believe most" vampire strand in the skyrim area descends from one point or another from Harkon's Line. So being the awesome vampire you are. You join this NPC Harkon has sent, in the attack[That the dawnguard never shut up about] On the Hall of the vigilents, so you actually see what goes on during that moment.

So you go with the npc or meet them outside the place[Just like you would for the legion/stormcloak mission to take a city], kill everybody there,etc. Then find out that the main NPC u came with is dead or dieing and he tells you to go into the near by cave, cause its like right there because a bunch of the vigilents have ran inside or were already inside because they had discovered something. Whatever reason it takes really. Like maybe even the "dawnguard" had come to see what was in this cave, Now inside as this vampire quest line there would be dawnguard or vigilents. Once you got down to Serana's Tomb. You could have the PC pick to free her and take her back to Volkihar Castle just like normal. Then once you got her back you can reject Harkons offer if you want go tell the Dawnguard whats up and such. Thus they would cure you somehow once you joined them or you would continue to the Vampire story line just the same as u normaly wold. Same would be said for the Dawnguard side.

Now what all this rambling is pointing to, is that i think there was a very large missed opportunity here for some cool connection to why you were a vampire in the first place. It would just make it matter just a little bit more. Cause as it stands with how it is, it doesn't really matter all that much. That makes meh sad :s. I am sure it made other sad to.

Would be cool if a Mod could be made off the idea or something similar, but would be a lot of work i am sure. eitherway, i just wanted to here some of your opnions on, why or why not there should have been, or was not a Vampire starting quest.

Its bethesda, really...while i dont wanna badmouth them as i still enjoy their games, all of their games are half-assed work and dawnguard is no exception to that.

I enjoyed playing dawnguard, but the vampire lord spells and skills are so fkin lame that after using it 2 times i completely gave up on that, i just couldnt watch that flying pig-head anymore.

Regarding the start and story, i aggree, but as always they didnt bothered to add depth to anything.

Also the atmosphere...you would think you have here a horror-like dlc about vamps, but instead its the usual thing...someone at beth thinks that having bones and bloody skeleton parts all over the place, with vamps eating them, is gruesome, but its just silly, laughable.

Sometimes just a gruesome shriek or any other sound adds more to the atmosphere then all the corpses and bones together.

I often hear them or players saying engine limitations here, engine limitations there, then comes a modder and makes it happen...a single person that makes a better job then their whole team...makes you think >.>

Regarding the start and story' date=' i aggree, but as always they didnt bothered to add depth to anything.

Also the atmosphere...you would think you have here a horror-like dlc about vamps, but instead its the usual thing...someone at beth thinks that having bones and bloody skeleton parts all over the place, with vamps eating them, is gruesome, but its just silly, laughable.

Sometimes just a gruesome shriek or any other sound adds more to the atmosphere then all the corpses and bones together.

[/quote']

I sure the grunt workers doing the animation and even the story guys had much better ideas. The problem is there is always one seagull manager in charge of the team who think his own vampire ideas are better and that's the only way to go. We are just damn lucky that the seagull manager in this case wasn't a Twilight fan...

definition (for those who don't know) - Seagull Manager: Manager that swoops in, makes a lot of noise, craps all over everything, then leaves.

Regarding the start and story' date=' i aggree, but as always they didnt bothered to add depth to anything.

[/quote']

I sure the grunt workers doing the animation and even the story guys had much better ideas. The problem is there is always one seagull manager in charge of the team who think his own vampire ideas are better and that's the only way to go. We are just damn lucky that the seagull manager in this case wasn't a Twilight fan...

definition (for those who don't know) - Seagull Manager: Manager that swoops in, makes a lot of noise, craps all over everything, then leaves.

Thats true, alot of these people destroy good ideas since they have no clue about games, but have the saying.

You know that feeling, when you play a certain game and you go "omg this is freaking amazing"...i really want to have that feeling in TES games, but it never happens.

The ideas on paper sound always good, but are always so poorly implemented that sometimes i think they are time-stuck in 98.

Archived