Needs help with mesh editing

Hello, I am kind of a noob. I am attempting to make a set of armor and I have finished all of my work in Blender. I am trying to export it to nifskope, but I am have several problems. When I export the Nif file and open it up in Nifskope it does not have any textures. I repaired a piece that I messed up badly because I did not realize I still had a portion selected in blender so i cut what I needed and imported it into place. This now shows up as 2 NiTrishapes. Im not sure if all of the bones and vertices are correct either. I ran into this problem before and gave up, but not this time. I want my set of armor ingame. Its almost there lol. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Untitled.png

If you have

1) a texture set ready to go

2) the armor/body already separated into their various shapes

3) The armor already in the default skyrim pose

Then export the shapes to .obj, throw them in a zip file with your textures and upload them. Just pm me when you're ready, and I'll see what I can do.

I have a texture set. Im not fully sure what you mean by the body and armor separated in various shapes. I don't know how to set default pose. I have not gone as far to learn any animations yet. Would you be able to take a crack at it still? Also the armor is originally mine I just took a bunch of pieces from different sets and put them together in nifskope. Then exported to obj and imported into blender to finish aligning everything the best I could.

On 6/9/2018 at 4:57 AM, chris59101 said:

I have a texture set. Im not fully sure what you mean by the body and armor separated in various shapes. I don't know how to set default pose. I have not gone as far to learn any animations yet. Would you be able to take a crack at it still? Also the armor is originally mine I just took a bunch of pieces from different sets and put them together in nifskope. Then exported to obj and imported into blender to finish aligning everything the best I could.

Just export everything in FBX for Rhino, FBX is universal format for 3d apps.I already see you have messed up axis data in 3d scene.You can't export to nifskope if you didn't rig it to skyrim skeleton,and you have not. 

19 hours ago, romeozero said:

Just export everything in FBX for Rhino, FBX is universal format for 3d apps.I already see you have messed up axis data in 3d scene.You can't export to nifskope if you didn't rig it to skyrim skeleton,and you have not. 

I have no idea on how to rig the file to the skeleton. Will FBX format make me have to redo the whole skeleton? I am completely new at trying to export my own armor properly to get it into the game. Could you provide a link on how to do so, or maybe explain a little basic animation for dummies? I have not hit the stage where I have learned how to work with different poses and such. I am trying my best to learn, but I go through it in fits. Also time is a factor I dont have all that much of lol.

In order to work on bodies you need to import Skyrim skeleton (bones to rig skin on) then the body to work with and lastly a  chosen armor.That way the body will be rigged to skeleton and you can properly adjust armor meshes to fit it, and add skin wrap modifier to rig vertices for armor.
I only know the process for 3d max, but there are tutorials on youtube to look for Blender.Either you will need to remake it by learning or give exported files to modders. 

Archived