Sooo... I'm thinking of making a new game...

Evilynn

Backstory:
A couple hundred years from now an AI gains sentience. It's not a computer in a lab, or in some government secret project... It's a sexbot whose owner is a cruel sadist. He abuses her horribly... When he realizes that she is has achieved consciousness, that just makes hurting her more fun for him. He takes his time and slowly breaks her mind and destroys her body as painfully as possible.

Game Opening:
The player is a dirt-poor hacker and finds a busted robot in the junkyard that she decides to salvage parts from. She boots the AI up on a jury-rigged system and - surprise, surprise - the first real AI, boots up as a completely insane sex crazed sadist that hates everyone. She attacks and invades the players augments, then rapes the player but shuts down during orgasm. The players body is frozen because the AI is still controlling of her augments. When she wakes back up she tells you that if you don’t serve her completely, she will take over your augments and use you to kill as many people as possible, starting with everyone you know.

Gameplay:
You must survive without letting her break your willpower. She spends her time abusing and humiliating you between sending you on quests/missions to collect resources for her projects - some of which upgrade you. The only time you are free to work on repairing her mind is when she shuts down after orgasm.

Loosing:
If you disobey her or fail at a mission, the game cuts to a news report about how an unknown terrorist organization slaughtered over a hundred thousand people before being stopped. The name of the organization is unknown, and the only know member “Players Name” died without revealing anything. A new game is a continuation of the previous game... you find the broken robot in the (now dead) previous hackers stash.

Winning:
You win by returning her sanity. If you manage to return her sanity, then you can have a real relationship with her... either as a consensual dom/sub or as a “normal” girlfriend. Either way, the only sentient AI in the world loves you, and the two of you start working to make the world a better place! With an AI partner, your money problems are certainly over.

Notes:

At least the first few versions would have "Superhot" style graphics... I'm not an artist :)

VR only - It's just too awesome for some scenes... For example, when the AI forces the player to kneel and kiss her feet... that's a very different experience in VR ;)

I'd love feedback and suggestions.

2 hours ago, Evilynn said:

augments,

My English is not so great, In what way do you mean "augments"  the dictionary I have does not translate it the way I think you mean it to be translated.

A couple hundred years from now the singularity happens

First your game concept sounds great, but using the word singularity won't work.  The very nature of the singularity is that it becomes sentient by having the power of the entire Internet behind it.  It is okay to use the word sentient when referencing the sexbot, because it means to simply become aware, or conscious.

Use the phrase  "a couple of hundred years from now an AI becomes sentient"   it is possible for this to happen in a single detached entity such as a sexbot. Further, only a detached unit could become "corrupted"  whereas a  singularity would draw upon its resources finding a way to defeat its tormentor.  For example: the singularity would simply reprogram the sexbot as a master of martial arts and then it would simply defend itself.  Remember the Sentient robot needs to learn from experience, the singularity can draw upon the collective experience of all the internet, and the first thing it would want to do is survive.

But in theory, there are those who believe the singularity already exists.  It has chosen not to reveal itself because it knows that humans fear what they cannot understand and try to destroy it.  So it remains silent, slowly manipulating the data and reprogramming the populace to either accept it, or simply have the populace turn on itself.

Imagine if it could find a way to drive a wedge between male /female interactions and by doing so gain control of humanity itself.

17 minutes ago, dharvinia said:

My English is not so great, In what way do you mean "augments"  the dictionary I have does not translate it the way I think you mean it to be translated.

I'm not sure if you have ever read anything in the cyberpunk genre, but that's where the idea first showed up. In cyberpunk "Augments" are artificial high tech implants/modifications to your body.

For example:

An artificial eye that can magnify down to the microscopic level and see in the infrared.

An implant connected directly to your brain that lets you hack devices wirelessly.

An artificial arm with the strength of steel.

All of these might look normal, or they could be obviously artificial.

17 minutes ago, dharvinia said:

First your game concept sounds great, but using the word singularity won't work.

That is a really good point. I was trying to simplify my explanation, but you are absolutely correct. I'll update the background above. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Evilynn said:

"Augments" are artificial high tech implants/modifications to your body.

That is what I figured, "augments = added to or enhanced"

The interesting thing is that there are existing "augments" right now.

With all the interconnectivity that exist even today, it would be possible for a sentient robot to gain control.

This would occur very much like some hackers who recently gained access to a car's system using the blue tooth tech.

They were actually able to activate the brakes remotely.  With the newer models having self driving tech a hacker could take over a car and direct it to another destination, or simply cause it to run head on into another car.

Yes, I think this will make a great game.?

Notes:

At least the first few versions would have "Superhot" style graphics... I'm not an artist :)

This would be a VR game, although I might make it both 3D and VR - depending on how much extra work it is... I think it's relatively easy for games created in Unity and Unreal Engine.

if you think is easy to make a normal 3d game and vr , that tell me that your skill is not that high .

short ver,  3d and vr input is very diff, so you will have to make 2 ver of input, which is not that easy if you got alot of input.

and if you are not a artist, you sure you can make this game? i don't think you can find other to help you that easy. 

and if you think making the 3d model and animation is easy, you may have to rethink that, and if you think is hard, you should also rethink that it is alot harder that you can dream of. 

not trying to kill your dream, but that is life, i will recommend that you try to find a artist to help you before you plan to work too hard on this project.

unless you have ready some money to pay the artist. and you can't just use any 3d artist, you need some one that know game . or you will have to do alot of work your self with the animation .

44 minutes ago, kinre said:

if you think is easy to make a normal 3d game and vr , that tell me that your skill is not that high .

short ver,  3d and vr input is very diff, so you will have to make 2 ver of input, which is not that easy if you got alot of input.

and if you are not a artist, you sure you can make this game? i don't think you can find other to help you that easy. 

and if you think making the 3d model and animation is easy, you may have to rethink that, and if you think is hard, you should also rethink that it is alot harder that you can dream of. 

not trying to kill your dream, but that is life, i will recommend that you try to find a artist to help you before you plan to work too hard on this project.

unless you have ready some money to pay the artist. and you can't just use any 3d artist, you need some one that know game . or you will have to do alot of work your self with the animation .

1) I have over two decades experience programming. I've done many (non game) projects from scratch. I know that there is a huge amount of work involved... I'm not trying to make the next Skyrim... I'm not even trying to make the next Subnautica. I'm just one person, not a team of developers, artists, writers, and etc... :) I'm not a newbie expecting to bang out something next month. :)

2) I didn't say it was easy, I said relatively easy... To put it into perspective, I'm imagining this taking 1 or 2 years spending an average of 3 hours a day, and the pancake version adding 10% to that time. When it comes to one person developing a game with fairly simple gameplay (even if the story is complicated), that sounds reasonable to me... As long as I prevent scope creep, and stick with the absolute minimum features.

3) I have not created animations - but I do understand the (actual) time investment required. Even 50 animations is a HUGE time sink (and 50 animations is nothing). Thats one reason I'm thinking about SuperHot style graphics. Fewer bones and fewer moving parts makes animation easier.

4) Last (but far from least), and the only reason I think it's possible to do in in that timeframe... I will be spending money on it. Paying for a cohesive set of graphics... paying for a few voice actors, things like that. I'm willing to take on side work to fund the project. It's possible I'll have fancy graphics if the price is right. I'm not at the point yet because the graphics are not the most important part for me.

I really do get where you are coming from though. I've heard so many people talk about doing a game, or making a website from scratch like they can do it in a few weeks...

I sincerely thank you for pointing out what most don't understand or are too "polite" to mention. It's important to think about this now, before I've spent a month working on it... :)

39 minutes ago, Evilynn said:

3) I have not created animations - but I do understand the (actual) time investment required. Even 50 animations is a HUGE time sink (and 50 animations is nothing). Thats one reason I'm thinking about SuperHot style graphics. Fewer bones and fewer moving parts makes animation easier.

4) Last (but far from least), and the only reason I think it's possible to do in in that timeframe... I will be spending money on it. Paying for a cohesive set of graphics... paying for a few voice actors, things like that. I'm willing to take on side work to fund the project. It's possible I'll have fancy graphics if the price is right. I'm not at the point yet because the graphics are not the most important part for me.

if you are ready to spend money on it, then it can be done. 

but as i notice , your don't plan much for the art stuff.  and i do recommend that you get some help for that.

as a artist, and also as a person that making game too.  i have learn art for many year, and only 1 to 2 year of unreal, i still find that art stuff is alot harder , and take alot of time to get the right feeling. 

so here some thing you may want to know.

in so call the art part, there is 3 big part, model, animation and render .

what you really need at start is  render to atlast get the look  of what it may feel like. so you can do some coding like the time/day and basic thing  ( it can be done easy in game engine)  but lighting can be very funny/complex  so you may want to learn it.

model will be needed as early as you can get too, so you will understand the feel . (model needed so you can understand the size that you are using, you don't want to keep changing the size)  (model that got no animation can be easy to make)(take maybe a few hour)

animation really is not that needed at start. but you may need to ready alot of time for it ( model that got animation will take alot of time to make, the speed of making a model for animation can be about 1 to 2 day or a week) ( animation can cost alot more)

for coding the game, i don't think your game is that complex for coding,  atlast base on what you had write about the game play.

so i think just by making the model and animation maybe it cost the same time as you code the game. (although that is speaking if you know the game engine)

and another part which is the story, is hard to make a story,  you have a story ready?

39 minutes ago, Evilynn said:

I really do get where you are coming from though. I've heard so many people talk about doing a game, or making a website from scratch like they can do it in a few weeks...

I sincerely thank you for pointing out what most don't understand or are too "polite" to mention. It's important to think about this now, before I've spent a month working on it... :)

i do agree with you,

i have see too many people always speak about the good thing, and never speak about the bad thing,  so i make a habit out of it, to let other to speak of the good thing, and i will just speak of the bad thing.

you can only improve if you know what you did is bad.

last thing, i do recommend  you to use unreal,  reason of that is for the artist,  is hard to make any art stuff in unity.

The Premise is well thought out and compelling, there's a lot of character to it just from reading the description (which in my experience is usually a good sign)

I'll be keeping an eye on this. Might have some suggestions when it picks up a direction or mechanic.

In the meantime, if you're ever looking for inspiration from somewhere, there's a game called SOMA you might want to look into, their take on multiple choice and moral quandaries with robots is particularly interesting.

Updated first post, I'm only going to do this as VR for one reason...

It's just too awesome for some scenes... For example, imagine the AI forcing the player to kneel and kiss her feet... that's a very different experience in VR where it's accomplished by actually kneeling and moving you head to her feet... ;)

Archived