Anyway to get AO similar to this?

heroine

I know about one more AO then you guys. That's Ambient Occlusion.

One can get it from OBGE or from ENB Series(i believe), or from Nvidia drivers(you've got nvidia card, right?).

OBGE method is a pain in the ass big fps hit, also, OBGE can sometimes cause all kinds of weird glitches right out of blue. But it's configurable, programmable, moddable.

ENB method has a moderate fps hit.

Nvidia might look strange in some parts, but ffffast and easy.

I'd second either ENB or the NVidia solutions.

OBGE isn't that bad actually. I really want to like it, -but- its implementation of ambient occlusion still feels like preliminary work in terms of optimization.

The menu-driven options are nice but sluggish, and a tad rough around the edges when using option keys.

Giving credit where it is due, ENB takes the cake, with its steady support and forums.

I'm running OBGE, and "all kinds of glitches right off the blue" is just my expirience.

Like i load oblivion one day, and find that my character's skin turns black from the distnce, except i'll look really close.

Diggin, diggin, diggin... 3 hours of diggin... i found out that i can't use high rez(my character were using 18mb one) female textures anymore, 5mb works fine. Why? It was working just a day ago! No answer.

Or you'll get a broken water one day. REALLY broken. Can only be fixed by disabling OBGE and doing a clean save.

Lots of stuff happen with OBGE.

Guest ThatOne

Still using my install of the first OBGEv3 I found (I wasn't exactly looking for it until my harddrive crashed); it's quite slow when it comes to AO, but it's stable in every other aspect and I really only ever turn AO on for screenshots.

Haven't had a single glitch since... *looks up the file date*... 7/29/11.

Should be mentioned I'm using the controller plugin, because I like to change things on the fly.

Archived