Blender refuses to import my .NIF armor

I'll put the NIf file here if anyone can fix it for me or tell me what wrong. Please help, I'm trying to convert the vanilla Space Suit to a Type 3 body but I get this error:

Blender NIF Scripts 2.5.5 (running on Blender 249, PyFFI 2.1.5)
pyffi.toaster:INFO:--- fix_sendgeometriestobindposition ---
pyffi.toaster:INFO:  ~~~ NiNode [Scene Root] ~~~
pyffi.toaster:INFO:    sending geometries to bind position
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\bpymo
dules\nif_common.py", line 1227, in gui_button_event
    self.gui_exit()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\bpymo
dules\nif_common.py", line 1579, in gui_exit
    self.callback(**self.config)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\impor
t\import_nif.py", line 3750, in config_callback
    importer = NifImport(**config)
t\import_nif.py", line 274, in __init__
    self.import_root(root)
t\import_nif.py", line 309, in import_root
    pyffi.spells.nif.fix.SpellSendGeometriesToBindPosition(data=data).recurse()
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\spells\__init__.py", line 289, in re
curse
    self.recurse(child)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\spells\__init__.py", line 298, in re
curse
    if self.branchentry(branch):
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\spells\nif\__init__.py", line 135, i
n branchentry
    self.skelrootentry(branch)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\spells\nif\fix.py", line 380, in ske
lrootentry
    branch.send_geometries_to_bind_position()
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\formats\nif\__init__.py", line 5074,
 in send_geometries_to_bind_position
    if bonenode.name in bone_bind_transform:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name'

My mashup: spacesuit.nif

I´m really no genius about blender.

I can do my five or six tast with it, without problems.

So I don´t have any idea, what your error message means...

But I can load and edit your mesh quite well.

Your nif file looks good to me.

Have you tried resetting blender to default settings?

You can load it into Blender? Because that is all I needed, I also wanted to add the BNB animations, which I've added the breast.L and .R too as well as my base type 3 skeleton as a format to sculpt or edit whatever I wan't to become type 3. Man I don't know about resetting, that sounds scary, I remember it being a pain to even get this software installed and i've converted many armors just fine, just a few ones refused to load in Blender but loaded into Nifskope :/

Also you can remove them (L and R breast bones) then, it'll also fix your problem. After just add those 2 bones or swap the skeleton right into the blender(blender will cut all not used bones)

32 minutes ago, SirDuke said:

@Neutron_rus

can you read the error file?

Because, I can´t.

But I can easily open the file.

So I don´t think the file is corrupt. For me it works just fine

I don't know the Python language, but for me it doesn't work, only when i remove those 2 bone nodes

Guess what?

I think I have to correct myself about your file.

Although I can open your file, and I can not see any problem, my blender is complaining about your weightings.

I let blender check the weightpaint, and I got some error messages.

As I said, I´m no genius in blender, and I don´t have any idea what that exactly means...

But you just should try to start that one outfit from scratch.

And be sure to take a new copy for that female body, as something might have corrupted that one.

Here´s the screen of my blender, with the unweighted parts.

They are all about the breast spaces

Spoiler

unweighted.thumb.jpg.b8e57a5590b2d9b0e3e3d4cdef2d0a45.jpg

I should give up because I have no idea what to do. I can import my skeleton just fine but the space suit which I took from the vanilla game won't load. However I did fix this issue at another point by just copying all the things from the one that dosen't work to the BNB skeleton rather than the reverse, but that didn't work this time so I dont know anymore what I can do :/ Thanks y'all anyway!

No don't give up ?

I also could not import this and had tons of errors but I looked at your mesh and it seems to me to have way too many decaps compared to base T3 model, all the Object0X:0 nodes, also the "arms_keep" needs to be removed as it has vanilla UV map. I realize these decaps exist in the Vanilla model but I would strip them out, decap has always been difficult to me to get right.

Outfit looks to me like it has 3 parts (Upperbody, Arms, Backback), let me know if this is not the case, all the rest appear to be decap nodes and body.

This is how I would do it, YMMV:

Import vanilla outfit > delete skeleton > delete decaps > import T3 body of choice with proper decap > delete skeleton > select all outfit parts, body, and decaps (A Key) > import skeleton and make sure "import skeleton only + parent to selected"  is chosen on import screen > modify outfit as needed > select outfit parts then bone weight copy.

You could also take exiting good T3 body and CTRL-C > CTRL-V outfit parts to target T3 body first and save some steps.

If you import skeleton without removing old skeleton and decaps first you will have problems like this from my experience.

Blend file attached after using above workflow.

Hope this helps.

import_outfit_body.jpg

spacesuit.7z

Archived