Colourwheel's Sexy Oblivion Overhaul Patch v0.2

Colourwheel’s Sexy Oblivion Overhaul Patch

Download Latest Version 0.2

Version 0.1

Download v0.1

v0.1 creenshots

NEW in version 0.2

• No Mesh replaces, use Nephene13’s Patch (or my old one)
  • No longer truely DMRA, some components may be used with the base overhaul.
  • All changes are modular, apply or don’t apply all that you want.
  • Delete Dwemer Dan & Dwemer Diana in a seperate patch.
  • BETA, esp to change CW Beast Race texture paths back to the vanilla path.
  • NoMaaM sexy walk for CW’s Sexy Imperial Legion.

Requirements

Recommended

Installation

• Meant to be used with Wrye Bash’s BAIN installer.
  • For manual installation, copy the contents of each sub-folder you want to install to the data folder.

Contents

This package is now modular. Install just the portions you want!

• 00 No Dwemer Dan or Diana - contains an ESP to get rid of Dwemer Dan and Diana plus the clutter they add to the Merchant’s Inn.

• 01 Reset Beast Race Textures (beta)
    • help me test this patch that I made with TES4Edit, to change CWs custom races,to use the vanilla texture path. No more lime green Orcs, and solid-blue Argonians. ESP is bash mergable.

[*]02 NoMaaM sexy walk for Imperial Guard - a copy of the NoMaaM walk animation on a different path, so it gets applied to CW Imperial Legion. Requires BBB Meshes, such as those from Nephene13’s Patch.

[*]03 OOO Guard Patch - Compatibility Patch for Oscuro’s Oblivion Overhaul, make the Guards play nice with each other.

All ESPs need to be loaded after ColourWheels Sexy Oblivion Overhaul.esp. Other than that load order does not matter. (they aren’t dependent on one another)

TODO

• Retextures of Bra, Panties, and Stockings.

• Animations:
    • add BBB to animations
    • Instead of Copying NoMaaM .kf to the appropriate path, change NPCs to use default walk animation, so it doesn’t matter what animation the user has installed, Guards will use that animation.

[*]Change stool used as table in Divine Elegance to not be a “chair” so you can’t sit on it.

[*]Maybe an Undies Underneath Patch.

Incompatibilities

• Some other Stock Clothing Replacers.
  • Everything CW’s Sexy Overhaul is incompat. with (anything that modifies Weye, Divine Elegance)

Thanks

• Colourwheel
  • Nephene13

Tools

• NifSkope
  • Construction Set Extended
  • TES4Edit
  • GIMP 2 - I’ve started work on the retextures, they aren’t done yet.

Change Log

• v0.2 2012-10-24 - Major Changes, since Nephene13 made better meshes, see NEW_
  • v0.1 2012-09-27 - First Version

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. (CC-BY-SA)

You still approval from the original mod authors to redistribute those parts of this mod.

• 1 month later...

That's exactly what I'm trying to fix. Though it's pretty low priority.

OOO removes the placed NPC and adds a new one. CW does the correct thing, and changes the BaseFormID of the placed NPC (to Guard...Fem instead of Guard).

If OOO had done what CW does to change the guards, it would all bash correctly.

Understood. I never bothered to fix this in my game, as it always amused me to see the two guards jockeying for position, like one was about to start humping the others leg or something. Makes me laugh every time I see it. I can completely understand why you would want to fix it, as few others probably share my odd sense of humor.

I assume you are just removing the OOO doubled guards?

Its easier to remove the CW Guards since they show up as a conflict in TES4Edit, so that's what that patch tried to do. The OOO guards are technically not a conflict since they create a new record.

With the DMRA Replacer for CW and the one for OOO installed, they're just retexes of each other (more or less).

Case Study in Patch Making, for those interested (I'm considering making a tutorial thread or wiki page about this sort of stuff). If what I did seems convoluted and you know a better way, I'm all ears. Again this is not instructions on how to use the patch I made, but how I made the patch, it took me quite a bit of trial and error, so I hope this helps someone else.

The patch itself will be up shortly once it's fully tested, and I have a version for animations as well.

Anyway here's how I made the GKM CW Normal Beast and SI Races patch.

The purpose of the patch is to set the NPCs used by CWSOO to use the vanilla races instead of the CW ones.

Step 1 - make the necessary changes in a new esp in the Construction Set

Copy Colourwheels Sexy Oblivion Overhaul.esp (CWSO.esp from now on) to step1.esp

open step1.esp in Construction Set (TESCS) I use the construction set extended, but it's not necessary for this.

Go to character->races and delete (right-click delete) CW Argonian, CW Khajit, CW Orc, CW Golden Saint, and CW Dark Seducer (the editor id which will likely be seen shows them as RaceNameFEMALE typically). It will give you dire warnings about how the records will be deleted, this is fine.

Now all the NPCs that used one of the CW races have been set to be vampires (ack!) since that's the race with the lowest FormID and the default. We could go through 1 by 1 and change it to be correct, but lets not. Also we don't have a patch yet, step1.esp could act as a replacement for CWSO.esp if we deleted CWSO.esp and renamed step.esp CWSO.esp it, but we want a patch, so we can deploy a modular solution.

(you may close the construction set for now, you won't need it again till the very end)

Step 2 - Create a patch file with TES4Gecko & Wrye Bash.

Open TES4Gecko, if you Data directory is not set, (it only needs to be set once) click Set Directory and change it to your Oblivion\Data directory.

Click Create Patch. Select CWSO.esp as the original and step1.esp as the modified file.

Now a file called CWSO.esu exists in your data directory, rename it step2.esp

Close TES4Gecko

Open Wrye Bash to the mods tab. select step2.esp click add master, then select CWSO.esp.

Now we have a patch file that when applied will change all the NPCs CW changed to be Vampires. More useful since it's a patch, but still not very useful.

(simpler patches than this one could stop here, this was essentially done because while TES4Edits apply filter can't get all NPC_s of certain race, and no filter by base record doesn't seem to work)

Step 3 - TES4Edit conflict finder

Open step2.esp in TES4Edit (double click it on the loading screen), you'll see that cell & worldspace records which weren't truly changed, just had their sub-blocks reordered were added to the patch. You can remove them, but they'll be removed on their own in the next step.

Right click on a mod, choose apply filter. check "by overall conflict status", then check all three forms of conflict: benign conflict, conflict, and critical. Then check by by record type & "NPC_ Non-player Character" all other checkboxes unchecked.

Once it's done filtering, select all the NPCs (well all the ones that weren't filtered out) from Oblivion.esm and right-click, copy as override into. choose a new file, and call it step3 (tes4edit will add the .esp to the end)

Close TES4Edit. It will ask you if you want to save your changes, you do. (Click ok)

Step 4 - Bash Tags & Bashed Patch.

If you used step3.esp on it's own, w/o any bashing/merging you would reset all the fields on NPCs CWSO.esp changes which is not the desired outcome, instead it's only 3 fields we want set back to their vanilla value: Race, Eyes, & Hair. (and possibly face data, since I'm not sure the face-gen data CW made will play nice with beast head-meshes but I'm not sure about that)

Go into Wrye Bash, select step3.esp and add master, add CWSO.esp (otherwise it'd just be a patch filled with dirty edits)

on the bottom-right where bash tags are listed, right-click and change it from automatic to manual, then select NPC.Race, Face.Eyes and Face.hair.

You may want to change the name & author at this time, in the top-right. Click save, to save those changes.

Now move step3 (or whatever you've called it now) to before Bashed Patch, 0.esp in your load order.

Right click Bashed Patch, 0.esp and rebuild patch, review your settings, but the defaults should work.

Use TES4Edit and/or construction set + launching Oblivion itself, to make sure that actually worked. (the construction set lets you easily preview what the faces of NPCs will look like, that's potentially very useful, and TES4Edit shows what overrode/underrode what)

And that' (one way) to make (a particular type) of bashable patch.

• 3 months later...

I did everything according to the guide up until step 2. No problems no crashes, a very good guide.

Anyone got an idea how to change the sex of the colourwheel guards? I tried to change the records in the CS but the guards will keep automatically change their sex into female. 

If I set Colourwheel female Guard to male gender I can see the NPC swapping meshes for female meshes because the NPC disappears for a split of the second and the game assigns female meshes. The head is left male. :D

There must be some script which is doing this. 

The instructions above are how I made my race patch, you can just use the race patch I've already made (download it and use it). If you want to get rid of CWs custom races.

Nepro, I don't think there are any scripts that change the gender of guards, but I haven't done a complete audit of the scripts, there aren't very many in the overhaul though, and they mostly seemed associated with the new areas added.

Using CW Overhaul, but wanting male guards seems counter-productive, (it's arguably the primary feature of the mod), if you just want the mesh-replacer, then don't enable the esp at all.

To get rid of the guard changes completely, disable or remove all of my guards patches from the Data folder, then open up Colourwheel's Sexy Oblivion Overhaul.esp in TES4Edit (make a backup first), find all the guard entries (search for guard), there will be placement records, as well as records for the guards themselves, delete everything, then save the file & close TES4Edit (it doesn't *really* save until you close it). And see if that works.

My main objective is to reduce number of female guards by half or at leat 40%. I will try out your solution soon and let you know.

/////

My bad the meshes do indeed change correctly. I just did not do the clean save.  :P

CS is just fine to get the job done. No need for TES4Edit. 

Edited by Nepro

Ah. the CS was always sufficient, I just tend to prefer TES4Edit to the CS for.... anything TES4Edit is capable of. (as opposed to only using TES4Edit for the things the CS cannot do)

• 8 months later...

Is it me or the screenshots you link and the screenshots on nexus 2 different clothing and armor overhaulers? i remember having the overhaul in the linked screenshot you gave but then clicked on the download link for the main files and it has different screenies...i know they are different because i used to hate the one nexus shows but the one i loved was the screens u posted yet couldnt find that for the longest time.