Transfering a massive amount of NPC faces

Hi, I have a mod that primarily adds a massive amount of newly created generic NPCs to leveled lists along with some generic dialogue edits as a secondary effect. (The dialogue itself isn't edited only the conditions on who can say them)

I created all of the NPCs and did all the leveled lists and dialogue edits already, but I haven't done all the faces yet. (A lot of them originally looked like clones)

I started diversifying the faces about a month ago, but a few days ago I realized that for whatever reason the creation kit deleted all of the leveled lists and dialogue edits I did. (There were a lot of leveled lists and several dialogue edits) Fortunately it kept all of the NPCs intact. I don't know when this happened. I looked in my backup folder and even the oldest backup is affected by it. Extremely fortunately I manually created a backup copy about a month ago. (Right before I started diversifying the faces)

The 2 copies of the mod have the exact same NPCs, but the differences between the copies are one has the NPC record edits I want which are only face data and unchecking the "use traits" box on a few NPCs to keep them from using the templates face and have their own individual faces. While the other copy still has the clone faces, but it has the new leveled lists, entries for the NPCs in the leveled lists, and the dialogue edits I want on the mod.

I'm trying to see if there is a way I can preserve everything on the old backup copy of the mod while totally replacing the NPC records with the new records that include the new faces.

I'm wondering if there is a tool, program, or something that can help me do this. If anyone can point me to the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Um CK is Creation Kit. That's what I used to create the mod in the first place. I tried to see if I could use xedit and merge plugins to see if I could do this, but I end up getting duplicates of every NPC and the level lists are still using the original clones and generates twice as much face data when saving. (which is hundreds of MBs worth of unnecessary face data) I've been trying to find a solution to this problem for roughly about 5 days now with no success so far.

I also tried to see if I could just use the new face data inside the facegen folders (from the esp with the new face data) with the esp that has the leveled lists and dialogue edits. I made sure the folders are named the same as the esp I want and the NPCs have the same exact ids in both esps. Unfortunately, that didn't work. (They get pixelated faces) The NPCs have hair, face parts, and other things different from the clones is probably why. (All face settings and hair are from the vanilla selection) I need a way to transfer all the face settings to the esp I want while still preserving the leveled lists, entries within the leveled lists, and dialogue edits.

I'm a pretty honest person who says what's on their mind, so I'm honestly not sure if you were trying to be a smarty (to put it lightly) or you just skimmed through my post and didn't really read it.

If anyone can tell me how to do it with xedit or some other program it would be appreciated and if you're serious about helping then read my post carefully before replying and please provide instructions or a specific description if possible. Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, Hotstuff1 said:

Um CK is Creation Kit. That's what I used to create the mod in the first place. I tried to see if I could use xedit and merge plugins to see if I could do this, but I end up getting duplicates of every NPC and the level lists are still using the original clones and generates twice as much face data when saving. (which is hundreds of MBs worth of unnecessary face data) I've been trying to find a solution to this problem for roughly about 5 days now with no success so far.

I also tried to see if I could just use the new face data inside the facegen folders (from the esp with the new face data) with the esp that has the leveled lists and dialogue edits. I made sure the folders are named the same as the esp I want and the NPCs have the same exact ids in both esps. Unfortunately, that didn't work. (They get pixelated faces) The NPCs have hair, face parts, and other things different from the clones is probably why. (All face settings and hair are from the vanilla selection) I need a way to transfer all the face settings to the esp I want while still preserving the leveled lists, entries within the leveled lists, and dialogue edits.

I'm a pretty honest person who says what's on their mind, so I'm honestly not sure if you were trying to be a smarty (to put it lightly) or you just skimmed through my post and didn't really read it.

If anyone can tell me how to do it with xedit or some other program it would be appreciated and if you're serious about helping then read my post carefully before replying and please provide instructions or a specific description if possible. Thank you in advance.

Can't you use the esp with the face data and then use SSEEdit to copy the leveled lists, entries and everything else to that one instead of faces to the one with the other entries?

Thank you, but that's one of the first things I've tried. What happens is that it takes the NPCs from both esps. It changes the ids on the NPCs from the original mod with the clone faces and labels them as "Duplicate001" and all of the leveled lists use the Duplicate001 NPCs that have the clone faces instead of the NPCs that aren't labeled as duplicates and have the new diverse faces I made. This unfortunately also doubles the amount of face data (Hundreds of MBs worth) with the unnecessary Duplicate001 npcs' face data. I'm trying to find a way to completely replace the clone faced NPCs and have the leveled lists use the new replacements with the new diverse faces.

I tried "Deep Copy as override" on just the leveled lists and dialogue options into the esp with the diverse faces, but the same thing still happens except the NPCs with the diverse faces are labeled as "Duplicate001", the clone faced npcs aren't labeled as duplicates, and the leveled lists still use the clone faced npcs.

It turns out I was just being silly. When I was trying to use xedit to resolve the problem I didn't realize I had to MANUALLY remove the master after "Deep Copy as override" from the esp with the dialogue edits and leveled lists to the esp that has the npcs with the diverse faces. I kept reading from different forums not to do it manually, because it would ruin the esp. I kept reading that I should always use "clean masters" instead. Turns out doing it manually is what I had to do all along.

All I had to do was right click on the empty space that is horizontally next to the "master" label that's right above the name of the master esp.

Now everything in the esp is perfect now. :smile:

Thank you for the suggestion Kaarinah. I didn't realize it was that simple.

I finally realized what I needed to do after searching the internet for answers and finding a thread about somebody trying to do something similar. 

The answer actually came from Matortheeternal. Thank you Mator. (Yes the same Mator that made Mator Smash and Merge Plugins)

Consider this thread closed.

Archived