How to convert BC7 to DXT1?

Artorius01

I hope you can help me here,

I have been trying to convert textures in the BC7 format into DXT1 for several hours since I can not open and edit them. Photoshop with plugin came no further and also this Program here on our Site has not helped: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/84687-from-bc7-to-uncompressed-8888-argb-bat-for-texconv/

I am with my nerves at the end and hope that I can get some help here. I do not know what to do. I just want to be able to convert BC7 to DXT1 ...

Thanks in advance

Many thanks for the reply, but I already use the said plugin and still photoshop can not open the pictures in BC7. It comes the message "Can not load image .."

No matter what I do, it does not work.

I still have 6 days to find a solution, then my trial version has expired...

Sorry for not working my small plug-in.

Have you dragged and dropped .dds file, instead of just clicking .bat, however? 

Probably I should also have mentioned more clearly in the description page that

you would need texconv.

post-115699-0-87158700-1507935945_thumb.png

If succeeded in converting, the file size will quadruple from bc7 to argb 8.8.8.8.

Many thanks for the reply, but I already use the said plugin and still photoshop can not open the pictures in BC7. It comes the message "Can not load image .."

No matter what I do, it does not work.

I still have 6 days to find a solution, then my trial version has expired...

Have you tried doing it this way?

In PS go to 'File > Open as' and then setting the file type to 'Intel Texture Works (*.DDS;*,DDS)' and then navigate to the texture you wish to open.

That .DDS does not open with anything i have tried, it only throws an error or is a no show at all.

It must have corrupted or was made/modified in correctly.

Either way i can't get it to open and i have run out of ideas to get it to..

Does it really work with fallout 4?

I have looked at the files in a text editor and they definitely have the suffix BC7. Like the other ones have DXT1. Ingame, everything works as it should and the textures are clear and fine. I do not know what this is and have never seen anything like this. I guess I can give that up ...

Archived