femalebody_1.nif - question

how do we know when to point to the femalebody nif files? so there is the 0 & 1 and from my understanding the "1" means the weight is 100? so in xEdit, if the NPC is weight 80 but the model is pointing to femalebody_1.nif will that cause issues? shud i be pointing to the femalebody_0.nif instead?

_0 represents the mesh at weight 0, whereas _1 is represents it at weight 100. Weights in-between those values are calculated based on the differences between the two meshes. Weight 50 would be exactly halfway, 80 would be a lot closer to _1 than _0, etc.

From what I understand, you're supposed to always point the model to the _1 mesh. As long as the _0 mesh is in the same folder, the game will automatically find and use it to generate the finalized mesh if the character has a weight lower than 100.

As long as the _0 mesh is in the same folder, the game will automatically find and use it to generate the finalized mesh if the character has a weight lower than 100.

Not in all cases. Sometimes you need to re-open CK and re-select _1 model again (if you making armor from scratch. of course).

Creation Kit is a one whole bug.

Archived