Bit by the Mod Making Bug!

KoolHndLuke

So just a year ago I was learning how to mod Skyrim and FO4, and didn't know what the hell a nif, bsa, mesh, texture or anything was. It was completely fuckin alien to me!! Now that I have read and watch and asked and annoyed enough ppl with questions, I feel pretty confident in my ability to mod my games.....but it is not enough. I don't just want to use other ppl's mods- I want to make my own. The thing is that now I can't get interested in just playing the games anymore. After days and hours of racking my poor head to figure out how to make things work for a mod or two, I can't seem to turn it OFF!!!!

So the question here is does this happen to everyone that crosses that invisible boundary from gamer who enjoys using mods to mod author who can't seem to enjoy just playing a game anymore? I've heard some authors say something to that effect in the past and I would just think to myself "huh?". Now I understand a little. ;)

Archived