No body textures after using BodySlide

san1111

I was trying to create a flat-chested character in BodySlide (I was honestly going for something like this[NSFW, of course] but ended up liking tiny tits more). I used to play with the UNP body but decided to edit the CBBE one for some reason. I uninstalled all my UNP-based mods in NMM, installed CBBE and edited the body. When I entered the game, I was welcomed to this. My character had no body textures, but NPCs (Serana and Lydia) were unharmed. I installed Fair Skin Complexion afterwards, but the issue still remains. Same for equipping armor that shows some skin (e.g. Forsworn). 

EDIT: I had a body overlay (tattoo) on accidentally, which I forgot to turn off before editing the body.

Fairskin comes in many flavors. Make sure you got the correct one for your particular body type. Also download and install manually cause mod managers can screw it up. 

I would re-install XPMSE, body, face and body textures, then re-run texblend then do the bodyslide. 

Then check your in-game body absolutely naked in a closed location on a new game, preferribly the starting cell of live another life or something alike. And when I say absolutely naked, I do mean absolutely naked, including any body tattoos, piercings, overlays, scars, etc. etc. Just the body + face and its original textures.

In bodyslide, make sure you run appropriate texblend 1st, then set up your sliders, pick a preset, and do batch. Make sure the preset you are using matches your installed body type.

Start with feet 1st (top box), then hands, and do the body last. Also check HDT compatability if you are using HDT. Some body + texture combos do not work well together unless they are their specific HDT versions.

If you load into the game, absolutely naked on a new save after doing this, then it means you messed up somewhere on your body. Either mismatched body and texture types or preset, or the texture files are missing or something like that.

If your naked new body works fine, load previous save from within the new game, see how it looks with outfits, stay naked but start with any tattoo, scars, nails, pubes or any alike mod. Then start putting on outfits 1 by 1, see how it goes until you find your culprit.

Also, if you are on Win 10 and are using 4k textures on oldrim, then you migth be simply hitting the RAM limit. No way to get around that except uninstall or scale back some stuff. I highly recommend using 2k optimized versions instead of 4k.

Archived