Ritual of Molag Bal; becoming a Pure Blooded Vampire [Dawnguard Spoilers]

Daguy

Sounds pretty good.  It would be nice to see this mod take place and hopefully become a completely finished work.  It's probably one of the coolest ideas out there since Dawnguard came out with the in game mention from Serana about the whole ordeal of how things work.  It was a very vague description, but we got the idea and would like to see it come to life in Skyrim.  It's a lot more exciting to get the gift from Molag Bol directly than from an all powerful and ancient Vampire Lord that you destroy...or even the other option of Serana giving you the gift.  It just doesn't feel as special.  You've got to earn it!

The description of alternatives you mention seem good.  I wish you luck and hope to see this in June, July or when you get done.  I'll keep an eye out.

Thank you.

I replayed the part where Serana describes the process and was surprised how vague it was. I remembered it piquing my interest as well. Although, I had remembered it being more descriptive than it actually was.

The main thing that will be missing from the first release is Molag Bal in his real form. I am going to try to create it myself, based primarily on the Elder Scrolls Online version, but without the loincloth. There are also some objects I want to make.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There's a lot of lore behind this idea so I like it. However lorewise it'd only be suitable if you were offered to Molag Bal as a specific sacrifice via his cults and he only accepts females. Then not all survive! Obviously you have to be mortal beforehand he won't be accepting lycans and pre-existant vampires can't become Daughters of Coldhabour. Also since it's seen as a great honour many of the female cult members would probably be vying for the chance to be raped and "blessed" by Molag Bal.

Serana and her mother are pretty vague about the whole thing because Bethesda couldn't just come right out and say "I was offered by my father/husband to the King of Rape and guess what happened next?" and to be quite honest I'm surprised they even referenced it! Games usually shy away from sexual or rape references yet Elder Scrolls has Mephala whose spider cults leaders usually initiate new members via personal sex or orgies. Then you have Sanguine who is all about debauchery! Then you have the King of Rape as well. Not surprising they didn't empthasise it much :D

I know a wide swathe of ES lore especially in regards to vampirism so if anyone working on this wants any help feel free to send me a shout.

It never mentioned anything about males not being able to go through the same process. He is a daedric prince, I don't think they have sexual preferences considering they choose their gender. It would make since that no man was ever willing to go through the same process because it was unheard of. Harkon himself probably was to prideful to be degraded like that. Maybe Molag bal could have 2 forms female and male depending on your preference.

In truth, ive always thought that owning a Deidric artifact should have some pretty hefty price tags... tthese are the artifacts of evil beings after all! some of them may not care who weilds or wears thier artifact but, im sure most of them do. And while most people collect these things as trophys to hang on the wall, Ive always believed they should have made it so you can only have one or the other at any givin time... unless, that Prince is allied with the other Deidric Prince... owning one should also carry some type of social penalty as well...for instance, boldly carrying the mace for all to see should label you as a "starved" vampire from the get go...(attacked on sight!!!). Just wanted to voice my opiniom on the matter :)

In truth, ive always thought that owning a Deidric artifact should have some pretty hefty price tags... tthese are the artifacts of evil beings after all! some of them may not care who weilds or wears thier artifact but, im sure most of them do. And while most people collect these things as trophys to hang on the wall, Ive always believed they should have made it so you can only have one or the other at any givin time... unless, that Prince is allied with the other Deidric Prince... owning one should also carry some type of social penalty as well...for instance, boldly carrying the mace for all to see should label you as a "starved" vampire from the get go...(attacked on sight!!!). Just wanted to voice my opiniom on the matter :)

I like this maybe it could be like related to enchantments. If you run out of Enchantment for the mace you get raped until it is full again.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At this point, i'm afraid this looks to be never getting made. We are another step closer, however, in that someone has put together a Molag Bal armor set that could easily be put in a size-scaled NPC to use as the Prince himself for the ritual.

1438697%20-%20Lord_Harkon%20Molag_Bal%20

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In my opinion, any attempt to make such ritual on game engine never will look as impressive as it should. Just show how molag-bal looking NPS fucks female/male that intended to become PureBlood vampire will look poorly and do not give the full picture of emotional depth of what character experienced. That's why I decided to never illustrate how Tanaril became Son of Coldharbour and only made small story how he felt after the ritual.

In my opinion, any attempt to make such ritual on game engine never will look as impressive as it should. Just show how molag-bal looking NPS fucks female/male that intended to become PureBlood vampire will look poorly and do not give the full picture of emotional depth of what character experienced. That's why I decided to never illustrate how Tanaril became Son of Coldharbour and only made small story how he felt after the ritual.

I remember an interview with the Wachowski Brothers (after they made the Matrix movies), where they said that they were extremely pissed that their Trinity's technique / fighting style has been copied for so many comedy movies that it made the whole movie look stupid. Therefore they invented that great fighting scene in the middle of part 2 where Neo has to fight like a hundred Smith's.

WTF has that to do with your post? Simple: if you want to create something truly epic, you will have to work your ass off (on an epic level). But if you are hapyy with creating something worth remembering, it "only" needs a good idea and an adequate implementation. One does not have to like the content, but should respect the quality of the work.

And this work looks quite unique, wouldn't you say?

Actually, I simply expressed my point of view. Create something fundamentally different than another sex scene is almost impossible on game engine. And I imagine dark ritual of becoming the Daughter/Son of Coldharbour like something much more than just sex with Molag Bal. If it comes to that, there is a version that ritual should be performed in Plane of Molag Bal (Coldharbour, actually), not in the hall of the sanctuary of daedric prince.

That I did understand, but please keep in mind that this is a modders work - some poor fellow that puts his life time into creating something for free, with no reward but thanks, respect and some warm feelings. One might add requests and solutions, and maybe it will be regarded as appropriate. Anything else is maybe not very constructive - meaning: if you don't like it, hey, it's free. Take it or leave it.

Or, as Marge Simpson most eloquently put it: "if you got nothing good to say, better say nothing."; but discussing the appropriate behaviour is off topic. So, thanks for your feedback. I'm myself am very interested in TES: lore.

Actually, me too interested in Molag Bal and pure-blood vamires content, because my character is pure-blood vampire. But I am almost sure, that most of this ideas centered around female character, and that looks very monotonously.

Discussing is senseless, because my english is very primitive and I mostly don't understand what You want to tell me x)

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived