3ds Max problems

Capitto

Hi all!

I'm trying to learn how to make a custom animation for Skyrim and i'm having problems with it.

I used XPMKSE skelleton and UNP meshes.

My first test is to make the character says hellow, but when i move the arm, the meshes goes crazy and the arm... well, They look like gelatin.

¿What am i doing wrong?

post-1980804-0-48437300-1495208666_thumb.png

post-1980804-0-97654100-1495208667_thumb.png

Looking at it I'd say it's not rigged correctly.

I'm wondering why you'd want to create a new "human" rig though since there are already several great ones.

You can find some preset rigs over here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/36314-3ds-max-skeleton-controller-rigs-draugr-v0132-2015-09-22/

And some basic knowledge on how to export etc over here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/76568-animation-guide-and-getting-it-to-work-in-skyrim-3ds-max/?do=findComment&comment=1873640

ohhh ok... srry for asking that but... what is a rig?

To much to learn!

In general we call a working file that got the skeleton and body mesh linked correctly a rig.

If you look at the second link I posted (or in my signature) there's a detailed description on getting started with animating and getting them in skyrim.

I've tried to dumb down the explanation as much as possible so anyone can understand. (in my guide I mean)

Now that i read all stuff i have a question?

¿Why riggin is needed?

All skyrim tutorial animation that i found says that u have to animate from bones, with rotation. They doesn't say nothing about rigs. 

It's a totally noob question but... why are rigs  better for animations than bones? I dont get it. 

Archived