HELP NEEDED understanding body replacers.

Milko_

I am slightly confused with how to make various mods work together.

Am I correct in assuming CBBE is the most popular body mod? I have also read that you can make a UUNP body with body slide (which I think is only included with CBBE). Do I need to select UUNP as well as CBBE during installation (I'm using NMM)? If I wanted different body textures would I install them over the top? If it possible to have multiple textures installed, and be able to change them with RaceMenu or Body Slide?

I would also like to use HDT vagina, but can this be used with CBBE? (All the versions I have seen seem to want to also install UUNP or another body at the same time.

Is it possible to have both UUNP and CBBE installed? (With CBBE being the default, and it only changing to UUNP for certain armour mods).

Sorry for the multitude of questions.

CBBE being the most popular is subjective. UNP also exists, but it hasn't had Bodyslide support for as long as CBBE has had. Bodyslideable UNP bodies are called UUNP. There are also other types, such as ADEC, but they don't have Bodyslide support.

You can create custom CBBE bodies in Bodyslide, you don't have to use UUNP. If you want to stick with that, you should ignore UUNP as the textures wouldn't line up. That would also mean that you have to ignore UUNP made armors and vice versa. The two body types will not work together. Choose which one you want to use when installing Bodyslide.

To install textures, make sure you have a right one. They are usually labeled what body type they use. If you want to manually install them, drop the .dds files into data -> textures -> actors -> character -> female. Some skins, such as Fair Skin Complexion, come with fomod, so they have an installer through a mod manager, like NMM.

You can't install multiple textures at the same time. You can however install a custom race and give it a different skin. Like for example I'm using Fair Skin on all default human races and I'm using a custom race that has the skin from a follower called Umbra that only I have in game.

I haven't really bothered with HDT vagina, but I'm pretty sure there's a CBBE version of it around here somewhere.

Technically you could have both CBBE and UUNP installed I think, but it would most likely be a mess. You could have an UUNP armor on a CBBE body, but there could be clipping on the neck, hands and feet and the textures wouldn't work properly.

CBBE being the most popular is subjective. UNP also exists, but it hasn't had Bodyslide support for as long as CBBE has had. Bodyslideable UNP bodies are called UUNP. There are also other types, such as ADEC, but they don't have Bodyslide support.

You can create custom CBBE bodies in Bodyslide, you don't have to use UUNP. If you want to stick with that, you should ignore UUNP as the textures wouldn't line up. That would also mean that you have to ignore UUNP made armors and vice versa. The two body types will not work together. Choose which one you want to use when installing Bodyslide.

To install textures, make sure you have a right one. They are usually labeled what body type they use. If you want to manually install them, drop the .dds files into data -> textures -> actors -> character -> female. Some skins, such as Fair Skin Complexion, come with fomod, so they have an installer through a mod manager, like NMM.

You can't install multiple textures at the same time. You can however install a custom race and give it a different skin. Like for example I'm using Fair Skin on all default human races and I'm using a custom race that has the skin from a follower called Umbra that only I have in game.

I haven't really bothered with HDT vagina, but I'm pretty sure there's a CBBE version of it around here somewhere.

Technically you could have both CBBE and UUNP installed I think, but it would most likely be a mess. You could have an UUNP armor on a CBBE body, but there could be clipping on the neck, hands and feet and the textures wouldn't work properly.

Thank you for your help.

Is it possible to change the skin texture and/or body shape (via body slide) of a specific race? Similarly, is it possible to do the same, but with a single NPC, ie. change the race of that NPC to a custom version of their original race? 

Is it possible to change the skin texture and/or body shape (via body slide) of a specific race? Similarly, is it possible to do the same, but with a single NPC, ie. change the race of that NPC to a custom version of their original race? 

Changing tex/mesh for specific races is possible, but will require another mod to do it, not just bodyslide/cbbe. I know of a few but last i looked they had some issues. iirc everybodys different was the most recent one... its been a while since i last looked.

Changing a single npc is less of a burden from what i understand, have not done it myself but the myriad of mods doing just that proves it.

Im sure there are a few threads here about custom followers/npcs/pcs.

---snip---

Thank you for your help.

The same as he wrote, I would have you *also* can say.

That same is true for NPCs, the body and texture you are using, also use all NPCs.

the only exception, an NPC or followers who have a meshes and texture folders,

The files in these folders you can change as desired.

Not just the naked body, but armor meshes too. Frankly, it would be a nightmare assigning cbbe to one race, uunp on another, and variants of the two to others. That would potentially bloat your skyrim...

HOWEVER, if you have racemenu morphing, there are mods that takes advantage of this and assigns random/different morph values to npc's for a bit cost of script power. You still need to choose between cbbe and uunp.

If you wanna decide which you want, then browse for whatever armors/clothes mod you want and pick the body which has the most availability with your shortlist. With the advent of Bodyslide though, most things are available in both cbbe and uunp... Except Book of UUNP.

ALSO, for the naked body with 3d vagina, Clams of Skyrim is cbbe, while UUNP special is... Quite obvious... Don't be alarmed and just pick whatever is appropriate to your taste.

I myself is part of the uunp faction but cbbe isn't so bad. It's just due to Book of UUNP.

In regards to popularity, it boils down to taste, if you want realism UUNP is your best bet, if you want exagerated curves and fantasy-esque bodies, then CBBE. In terms of flat popularity though, if we quantify it by content then UUNP wins hands down.

Though it was late to the bodyslide arena, it has far more bodyslide compatible outfits now than CBBE, thanks to the work of some dedicated converters.

In regards to popularity, it boils down to taste, if you want realism UUNP is your best bet, if you want exagerated curves and fantasy-esque bodies, then CBBE. In terms of flat popularity though, if we quantify it by content then UUNP wins hands down.

Though it was late to the bodyslide arena, it has far more bodyslide compatible outfits now than CBBE, thanks to the work of some dedicated converters.

i couldn't have said it any simpler than this.

Archived