Those "First Time Sexlab Scripting Blues". (Help Me, Please!)

So, I am trying my hand at modding. It's a steep learning curve for sure. I built the NPCs, the quest dialogue, a house, all that.

I worked through the usual errors with Papyrus compiling, etc.

I (over the course of two days) made it all the way through this guide: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/35451-sexlab-creation-kit-tutorial-for-beginners-make-actor-play-animations/

And finally, today, everything in CK worked! Not compiling errors, no script failures, all good to go.

Except when I click the dialogue in-game, nothing happens. No animations are triggered. Nothing.

Any advice?

I am a complete novice at this, so if it is obvious, I apologize.

Thanks!

Have you filled all the necessary properties? I.e. the SexLabQuestFramework property and the properties for the actors involved in the sex.

Check your Papyrus log to see if SexLab throws any errors.

Have you filled all the necessary properties? I.e. the SexLabQuestFramework property and the properties for the actors involved in the sex.

Check your Papyrus log to see if SexLab throws any errors.

So my Papyrus log show no errors... it shows not much at all, really.

And as for the properties... I don't know? I followed a guide (linked above) and got through that, thinking it would do as the author said, a simple dialogue branch linked to trigger animation.

This might just be beyond my aptitude level.

I use MO, but learned that the scripting function of CK doesn't work that well, then built the quest with CK outside of MO. Then couldn't figure out how to actually load it in the MO-launched game.

So I copied the scripts folder from the non-MO game to the MO Skyrim/Data/, and CK worked fine. Built the quest dialogue again. Worked again, except for no animations.

I think SLAB scripting, etc. might be too much for me.

post-1864987-0-87872600-1494534735_thumb.png

You need to enable Papyrus logging. Try the dialogue again and then read the Papyrus.0.log file generated in there.

To do so, add this to Skyrim.ini

[Papyrus]  
bEnableLogging=1  
bEnableTrace=1  
bLoadDebugInformation = 1 

The screenshot you posted earlier refers to the log for the Editor (which is mostly useless), not for the game session itself

You need to enable Papyrus logging. Try the dialogue again and then read the Papyrus.0.log file generated in there.

To do so, add this to Skyrim.ini

[Papyrus]  
bEnableLogging=1  
bEnableTrace=1  
bLoadDebugInformation = 1 

The screenshot you posted earlier refers to the log for the Editor (which is mostly useless), not for the game session itself

Thanks for your willingness to help.

By "Try the dialogue again", do you mean "create it again in CK", or "try to initiate the dialouge in-game"?

Archived