Can this be done without a script?

dovapix

Hi everyone,

I spend almost 3 days looking for answer on the web and didn't get a single clue!

I have no problem working with CK and Nifskope.

So here it is and it is very simple and have been done a few time already, i want to make simple mod that would put a custom lantern i made on the player belt.

The lantern would light up when the player equip it just like a torch.

All the other lantern mods have something that's not working or too complex and lead the game ctd in certain specific circumstances.

My first idea is to duplicate the torch in weapons and replace by my lantern and adjust the fire FX then moving the lantern so it get close to the belt of player.

Would probably need to make it available in shop.

So if anyone would be kind enough to get me started it would make me a happy bird!

Try making it j to armor or clothing that uses a specific slot. You can probably position it any way you like from there. This can be done, probably using the CK, and, possibly Nifskope. Not sure about Nifskope.

Other than that, just add the lantern to the leveled lists of the kinds of merchants that you want to sell the lantern. This is also done in the CK.

I hope this helps, and I hope to see your mod somewhere.

Try making it j to armor or clothing that uses a specific slot. You can probably position it any way you like from there. This can be done, probably using the CK, and, possibly Nifskope. Not sure about Nifskope.

Other than that, just add the lantern to the leveled lists of the kinds of merchants that you want to sell the lantern. This is also done in the CK.

I hope this helps, and I hope to see your mod somewhere.

Hi Storms,

Thank for replying, at first i was tempted by using a torch duplicate but i will have to deal with the hand holding pose and i am not sure i can remove this pose from a duplicate torch.

The armor slot approach seem also a good one and i will have to dig in the ck to see how to make it this way.

The merchant part is easy since there is tutorials done for this.

I am not against scripts but i want all my mods to reflect simplicity if possible.

I will comment back if i have any success with some tests today.

Archived