Removing HDT-PE from HDT-SMP Body.

shankall

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove HDT-PE from a body mesh while keeping HDT-SMP functional.

Example:

I'm using the UUNP Bodyslide HDT-SMP Body/mesh from here - all-in-one-hdtskinnedmeshphysics-setup-17 

and would like to use HDT-PE along side it, for Hairs/Chains .etc

Both mods appear to work fine together but they're both affecting the body/mesh, causing unwanted compatibility issues.

Is there a config file where i can stop HDT-PE from using/accessing it? or would it require editing the mesh in someway? ..

Any insight into this is greatly appreciated,

Thank you.

and would like to use HDT-PE along side it, for Hairs/Chains .etc

There's your first mistake.

Remove the PE path from the body nif(s), remove the body xml(s) from PE's controller folder, and enjoy your random memory leaks and crashing as PE and SMP fight over memory allocation, especially prevalent in you have an ENB and even more likely if you have ENBoost.

random memory leaks and crashing as PE and SMP fight over memory allocation, 

Damn, are they really that explosive when used together? 

Will stick with PE if it's going to be this much of a hassle. Shame, I was quite liking what SMP did with body physics...

You can run them together in much the same fashion as you can run Skyrim without a memory utility at all; it might work for you just fine, but it's pretty likely that it won't, and you shouldn't be surprised if they don't play well together.

Crashfix's Malloc settings might help, but it can't change the laws of beta code and the coding of PE  and SMP were never actually finished.

Archived