[ANSWERED]Copying weight paints from X to Y

downjonsie

I'm having troubles with weight paint copies.

Mostly, I am trying to copy UUNP Special (with the exclusion of the Vagina paints)(I assume I would mask the mesh over each body to achieve this?) over to Stevierages Body. Each time I go to paste weights, it says 'youve need to copy a paint first'.

I'd really like to achieve this because the Specials breast are especially rounded, but the pussy can have jagged movements during animations, as opposed to Stevie's that has very smooth pussy movements during animations, but a Jag at the bottom of the breasts (my OCD is kicking my ass with that )

They way I do it is to open outfit studio and select new project - UUNP special - then file (your body file).

Select file then click bone tab and hold down CTRL and select the breast bones. Then select shape - copy selected weights - shape - transfer selected weights - export nif.

Chances are this isn't going to do what you want because weight painting controls bounce and stuff the body was probably made to have that form before hand. So you would probably have to do this. First select start a new project in outfit studio select UUNP special and then export with reference now select new project - UUNP - then select your body file.  Hide the UUNP special body and adjust the new body file to be as close to your body size as possible by using the old one as reference. Once everything is close hide the old body and unhide the UUNP special body and adjust some more till it matches the UUNP special body . Rename your new body so you can tell which one it is and then export with reference. Close outfit studio and then open it back up and load your new file up and highlight the junk bodies and delete them out of the nif. 

You haven't said what program you're using to do this but you can easily do this in Outfit Studio;

1.) Start a new project in Outfit Studio.
2.) Load the body_0.nif (the X body) that has the weights you need as a reference and click next. (UUNP Special)
3.) Load the outfit mesh (in your case, the Y body) you want to copy the weights to and click finish.
4.) Select the reference mesh (it'll be listed in green), then switch to the Bones tab and select all bones you need (use the CTRL key to multi-select), i.e. any "breast" bones.
5.) Switch back to the Meshes tab, select the Y body, right click > Copy Selected Weights.
6.) Use "File -> Export -> Export NIF". Repeat for the _1.nif.

Also keep in mind its not the weight painting that makes the smoothness by itself, it could also be the number of polys and the mesh shape so results may not be perfect.

Edit: Ahhhhh, I love when I'm ninja'd with an answer, lol

You haven't said what program you're using to do this but you can easily do this in Outfit Studio;

1.) Start a new project in Outfit Studio.

2.) Load the body_0.nif (the X body) that has the weights you need as a reference and click next. (UUNP Special)

3.) Load the outfit mesh (in your case, the Y body) you want to copy the weights to and click finish.

4.) Select the reference mesh (it'll be listed in green), then switch to the Bones tab and select all bones you need (use the CTRL key to multi-select), i.e. any "breast" bones.

5.) Switch back to the Meshes tab, select the Y body, right click > Copy Selected Weights.

6.) Use "File -> Export -> Export NIF". Repeat for the _1.nif.

Also keep in mind its not the weight painting that makes the smoothness by itself, it could also be the number of polys and the mesh shape so results may not be perfect.

Edit: Ahhhhh, I love when I'm ninja'd with an answer, lol

They way I do it is to open outfit studio and select new project - UUNP special - then file (your body file).

Select file then click bone tab and hold down CTRL and select the breast bones. Then select shape - copy selected weights - shape - transfer selected weights - export nif.

Chances are this isn't going to do what you want because weight painting controls bounce and stuff the body was probably made to have that form before hand. So you would probably have to do this. First select start a new project in outfit studio select UUNP special and then export with reference now select new project - UUNP - then select your body file.  Hide the UUNP special body and adjust the new body file to be as close to your body size as possible by using the old one as reference. Once everything is close hide the old body and unhide the UUNP special body and adjust some more till it matches the UUNP special body . Rename your new body so you can tell which one it is and then export with reference. Close outfit studio and then open it back up and load your new file up and highlight the junk bodies and delete them out of the nif.

Thank you both so much. Yes, I should've mentioned I was using outfit studio, but I was loading project and attempting to do it from there. I will do this once I get home. Thanks very much again

Archived