Custom Race neck gap

Bounty228

Well, I made an entirely new race so that my character would be all around unique outfit wise. Everything is going very good and all except THIS GUY comes in and pisses in my koolaid! The race itself is a direct copy of HumanRace with the only notable difference being it has its own outfit mesh path, the custom race has also been added to the HeadPartsData. It's only some armors doing this and it looks like the armor is getting slightly bigger. Bottom line is, does this have a fix? If it doesn't, then oh well, but if it does I'd like a hand in fixing this.

[EDIT] Now that I have a good look at it, it's like when you try to make clothing models change via workbench. But it still doesn't make any since on why it would do this.

Okay, figured out what causes it and possible the how on fixing it.

I noticed a difference in size between the Vault 111 Jumpsuit and the Vault 111 Jumpsuit - New. The clean has much thicker thighs and broad shoulders and being that they are the same model I went to check it out in the editor. Behold, the Culprit! Hoping it can be fixed by simply giving each "Player" dedicated model an index of "1", otherwise it's a lost cause.

[Edit]Nope, didn't work.

Ok, so I decided to look into making a script that goes about changing to a duplicate of the same armor that is dedicated to "HumanRacePlayer" silently but for some reason Bools are not working. Any advice?

Scriptname aaClothesSwitchTest extends ObjectReference

Armor Property PlayerClothing Auto
Armor Property RegClothing Auto
Actor Property PlayerRef Auto

Event OnEquipped(Actor PlayerREF)
  if PlayerREF.EquipItem(RegClothing)
    PlayerREF.AddItem(PlayerClothing, absilent=true)
    PlayerREF.EquipItem(PlayerClothing, absilent=true)
    PlayerREF.RemoveItem(RegClothing, absilent=true)
  Else
    PlayerREF.EquipItem(PlayerClothing)
  EndIf
EndEvent

Event OnUnequipped(Actor PlayerREF)
  if PlayerREF.UnequipItem(PlayerClothing)
    PlayerREF.AddItem(RegClothing, absilent=true)
    PlayerREF.RemoveItem(PlayerClothing, absilent=true)
  Else
    PlayerREF.EquipItem(PlayerClothing)
  EndIf
EndEvent

Papyrus Compiler Version 2.8.0.4 for Fallout 4
Copyright © ZeniMax Media. All rights reserved.
Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "aaClothesSwitchTest"...
C:\Users\*******\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\aaClothesSwitchTest.psc(8,2): cannot cast a void to a bool to perform a condition check
C:\Users\*******\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\aaClothesSwitchTest.psc(18,2): cannot cast a void to a bool to perform a condition check
No output generated for aaClothesSwitchTest, compilation failed.

I posted this at nexus as well cause I am a whore that way.

are you using compatible armor for the body your using? cbbe + body slide would be the best bet. I'm not experienced with new races and fallout 4 first I will tell ya I have neck seams most of the time mostly during the cut scenes haven't found a fix yet, IMO this game sucks to mod, would rather shove a hot poker up my ass btw I'm hetro and hate pain

are you using compatible armor for the body your using? cbbe + body slide would be the best bet. I'm not experienced with new races and fallout 4 first I will tell ya I have neck seams most of the time mostly during the cut scenes haven't found a fix yet, IMO this game sucks to mod, would rather shove a hot poker up my ass btw I'm hetro and hate pain

(Long boring read)

Both races use CBBE, but all Armor, clothes and body for the player race are in another folder under meshes called "Player Outfits". So normally the vault suit would be "clothes/vaultsuit/Femalevaultsuit111.nif" under the Armor Addon form "Armor_Vault111_Underwear". I duplicated the Armor Addon form and dubbed it "Armor_Player_Vault111_Underwear" with thew directory path "Player Outfits/clothes/vaultsuit/Femalevaultsuit111.nif" and subtracted all other races making it only available to HumanRacePlayer.

The problem is that apparel models do not play well with the system Bethesda put in place for armor upgrades. This, I discovered sometime ago when I thought about having a workbench option for the Vault Suit to be "Zipped" or "Unzipped". The default model will look fine but the secondary would be bloated like it shows(Vaguely)  in the screenshots. Reason why one suit was normal while the other wasn't was the Race the suit data was set on. It's treating the other outfit models as secondary.

Thus, I came to the conclusion that a quiet script to swap them out is needed. But I am not that experienced with scripting and need some help.

I figured it out! This is my first script for Fallout 4(Any Bethesda game really) and it feels OH so satisfying. Now to just do it for EVERY......armor.....and clothes.

Here is a video of it working in progress!

I'll leave the script here for anyone to use, i'll be releasing it eventually anyways.

Scriptname aaClothesSwitchTest extends ObjectReference

Armor Property PlayerClothing Auto
Armor Property RegClothing Auto
Actor Property PlayerRef Auto

;Switches out Regular outfit for Player Dedicated
Event OnEquipped(Actor PlayerRef)
  If PlayerRef ==  Game.GetPlayer()
    If RegClothing == True
      PlayerRef.AddItem(PlayerClothing, absilent=true)
      PlayerRef.EquipItem(PlayerClothing, absilent=true)
      PlayerRef.RemoveItem(RegClothing, absilent=true)
    Else
      RegClothing == False
    EndIf
  EndIf
EndEvent

;Switches out Player dedicated outfit for Regular
Event OnUnequipped(Actor PlayerRef)
  If PlayerRef ==  Game.GetPlayer()
    If PlayerClothing == True
      PlayerRef.AddItem(RegClothing, absilent=true)
      PlayerRef.EquipItem(RegClothing, absilent=true)
      PlayerRef.RemoveItem(PlayerClothing, absilent=true)
    Else
      PlayerClothing == False
    EndIf
  EndIf
EndEvent

[EDIT] That's only part of the battle, I have to find a way for it to cache and transfer modifications. Damn.

So this is beyond my scope at the moment. I'm still going to learn from it, but it'll be a while before I find an efficient way to have it switch models. Right now it works by adding the script to each armor individually which result in a plummet in FPS. I saw it coming, but I did it anyways. I am leaving the source up for a Modder's Resource.

Unique Characters.zip

So this is beyond my scope at the moment. I'm still going to learn from it, but it'll be a while before I find an efficient way to have it switch models. Right now it works by adding the script to each armor individually which result in a plummet in FPS. I saw it coming, but I did it anyways. I am leaving the source up for a Modder's Resource.

attachicon.gifUnique Characters.zip

Sorry I can't help you with that, I don't understand anything about scripts, but there's something I'd like you to ask regarding custom races.

I've been trying to make a new "race" so I can use different body and face textures on different npc's. Since some interesting companions from nexus require different textures, for example the april preset or replace needs oni face texture to look decent, but my character uses the valkyr face texture. I tried the unique player mod but with that mod I can only change the body.

I tried making a new race via creation kit but the race won't load the textures I assign to it and drove me mad.

I can't find any tutorial that helps me with this. There's another mod on the nexus that adds weird races like a grill race and cat pilot (lol) but that's for new skeletons or something like that and I don't understand anything.

So I'm asking you, if this new race you've made could do what I'm trying to? Or you could help me in some way?

attachicon.gifUnique Characters.zip

Sorry I can't help you with that, I don't understand anything about scripts, but there's something I'd like you to ask regarding custom races.

I've been trying to make a new "race" so I can use different body and face textures on different npc's. Since some interesting companions from nexus require different textures, for example the april preset or replace needs oni face texture to look decent, but my character uses the valkyr face texture. I tried the unique player mod but with that mod I can only change the body.

I tried making a new race via creation kit but the race won't load the textures I assign to it and drove me mad.

I can't find any tutorial that helps me with this. There's another mod on the nexus that adds weird races like a grill race and cat pilot (lol) but that's for new skeletons or something like that and I don't understand anything.

So I'm asking you, if this new race you've made could do what I'm trying to? Or you could help me in some way?

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but the point of my project was to get separate custom models to work for a new race for unique characters. Normally, if a second model is added to the model index it will be bloated out of proportions resulting in an unsatisfying figure.

Here's a quick mock up of changing npc skin. I prepared an esp with the edits already done with a custom texture directory for Male and Female for you, the players skin has already been switched to the skin texture as well.

Quick tutorial on how to change an actors skin texture in CK.

Locate the specific actor who's skin you want to change, I am showing the player for this, then on the "Traits" tab go over to "Skin"

E9Qf9IF.png

While in the drop down menu type "SkinNaked" or "SkinNakedCustom"(It'll take a little but to load). If you typed just "SkinNaked" then scroll down to "SkinNakedCustom" and select it.

kdpFCER.png

Bam, skin switched. The custom skin texture directory is "textures\actors\Character\basehumanfemale\Custom" or 'basehumanmale\Custom' for male characters.

If you want multiple characters to have different skins then just follow how this ESP works via FO4Edit. Hope this helped!

CustomSkin.zip

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but the point of my project was to get separate custom models to work for a new race for unique characters. Normally, if a second model is added to the model index it will be bloated out of proportions resulting in an unsatisfying figure.

Here's a quick mock up of changing npc skin. I prepared an esp with the edits already done with a custom texture directory for Male and Female for you, the players skin has already been switched to the skin texture as well.

Quick tutorial on how to change an actors skin texture in CK.

Locate the specific actor who's skin you want to change, I am showing the player for this, then on the "Traits" tab go over to "Skin"

E9Qf9IF.png

While in the drop down menu type "SkinNaked" or "SkinNakedCustom"(It'll take a little but to load). If you typed just "SkinNaked" then scroll down to "SkinNakedCustom" and select it.

kdpFCER.png

Bam, skin switched. The custom skin texture directory is "textures\actors\Character\basehumanfemale\Custom" or 'basehumanmale\Custom' for male characters.

If you want multiple characters to have different skins then just follow how this ESP works via FO4Edit. Hope this helped!

Thanks for you response, it was quick! I understand now how to change the body skin of an npc or the player, but I still can't figure out how to change the face textures. In the esp you made there's a texture called skinheadfemale_custom, I tried changing the texture path but that didn't do anything. I've also tried duplicating the female head and assigning it a new material file with the custom face textures and it also didn't work.

I really don't know what I'm doing so it's no surprise it doesn't work :D

Thanks for you response, it was quick! I understand now how to change the body skin of an npc or the player, but I still can't figure out how to change the face textures. In the esp you made there's a texture called skinheadfemale_custom, I tried changing the texture path but that didn't do anything. I've also tried duplicating the female head and assigning it a new material file with the custom face textures and it also didn't work.

Alright, to do that is simple!

Locate Human Race in the Creation Kit.

GRyKKXs.png

Next, navigate to the Tinting Tab, you may have to click on the arrows at the end to bring it in view. Also, keep in mind whether Male or Female is checked at the top. In the Tinting tab at the very bottom is a list of all the other "SkinHeadFemale" Variants.

JFqiY6A.png

Now, you will locate "SkinHeadFemale_Custom" or whatever you named your new skin texture and drag it into that box with the other "SkinHead" variants(And Visa Versa with Male Textures).

wDNubQl.png

Now on to applying the skin texture to NPC's. Locate the specific actor you want to apply it too. Again, I am using the player as a reference. Then Navigate over to the "Character Gen Parts" tab. At the top of the page, you will see a drop down box labeled "Skin Complexion". Click it, then apply your custom face skin texture.

gQ2HLR2.png

Press "Ok", then save and quit!

Here is another ESP with the face textures already added to the race and ready to go!.

CustomSkin.zip

Alright, to do that is simple!

Locate Human Race in the Creation Kit.

GRyKKXs.png

Next, navigate to the Tinting Tab, you may have to click on the arrows at the end to bring it in view. Also, keep in mind whether Male or Female is checked at the top. In the Tinting tab at the very bottom is a list of all the other "SkinHeadFemale" Variants.

JFqiY6A.png

Now, you will locate "SkinHeadFemale_Custom" or whatever you named your new skin texture and drag it into that box with the other "SkinHead" variants(And Visa Versa with Male Textures).

wDNubQl.png

Now on to applying the skin texture to NPC's. Locate the specific actor you want to apply it too. Again, I am using the player as a reference. Then Navigate over to the "Character Gen Parts" tab. At the top of the page, you will see a drop down box labeled "Skin Complexion". Click it, then apply your custom face skin texture.

gQ2HLR2.png

Press "Ok", then save and quit!

Here is another ESP with the face textures already added to the race and ready to go!.

Thanks for all your help, but I can't make it work no matter what. I'm just trying to swap piper's textures with the oni face texture. I changed the texture paths of the skinheadfemale_custom and added the oni textures. I did the same with the body textures and it worked. I don't understand anymore.

I know I've already bothered you a lot with this matter but I don't know what else to do :(

Edit: I tried replacing the skinfemalehead old with the oni textures and it doesn't work either! What is wrong? :(

The Face textures "\textures\actors\Character\Piper\Custom", not "Data\textures\actors\Character\basehumanfemale\Custom". Forgot to add that directory in the file as well. Here's another update that redirects the Normal and smooth maps as well.

Oni Body and Hand textures: "Data\textures\actors\Character\basehumanfemale\Custom"

Oni Face Textures: "\textures\actors\Character\Piper\Custom"

CustomSkin.zip

The Face textures "\textures\actors\Character\Piper\Custom", not "Data\textures\actors\Character\basehumanfemale\Custom". Forgot to add that directory in the file as well. Here's another update that redirects the Normal and smooth maps as well.

Oni Body and Hand textures: "Data\textures\actors\Character\basehumanfemale\Custom"

Oni Face Textures: "\textures\actors\Character\Piper\Custom"

:(  It doesn't work

I rename the textures so they match the piper custom

post-13956-0-06758400-1486462679_thumb.png

I set piper's face complexion to the custom head

post-13956-0-28039300-1486462742_thumb.png

In-game

How she should look:

post-13956-0-93097800-1486464157_thumb.jpg

How she looks:

post-13956-0-02934800-1486464176_thumb.jpg

Archived