Real high heels?

Phnx

Hey. There are a few mods for Sims 3 that add real high heels in the sense that they actually elevate the Sim wearing them instead of chopping off part of the calf which looks really bad IMO. Is there such a mod for Sims 4 yet, or any plans for that? :)

Hey! I think that could be be difficult as all Sims are same height by default, changing heights means that the current and future animations would have to be tailored to fit with and without heels or there will be clipping and misalignment issues

The way is done on Sims 3 is by modifying the BOND resource, it contains a list of every bone available and you can modify its position, scale and something else I can’t remember. For the heels to elevate the sim I modify the coordinates on the Y axis for the feet and the rootworld bones, this value is synced with the height of the feet/shoe I previously modified.

To my knowledge (I browse the TS4 mod scene occasionally) this is not possible yet, but lots of stuff weren’t possible on TS3’s first two years wink.png

The way is done on Sims 3 is by modifying the BOND resource, it contains a list of every bone available and you can modify its position, scale and something else I can’t remember. For the heels to elevate the sim I modify the coordinates on the Y axis for the feet and the rootworld bones, this value is synced with the height of the feet/shoe I previously modified.

To my knowledge (I browse the TS4 mod scene occasionally) this is not possible yet, but lots of stuff weren’t possible on TS3’s first two years wink.png

Good to know. Thanks for the info! :)

Archived