[TS3] Let's help L666.

Guest Redabyss

Guest Redabyss

I'll send her my e-mail address on a private message from my page here, and im sure the rest of you can do the same. Then the message with E addr. will go directly to her e-mail ;) A lot more safe if you ask me :D

It's totally fine and I get the problem! As I said, post your email only if you don't care and it's safe for you.

Guest Redabyss

gucer42@hotmail.com

Thanks for your help m8!

Glad to be of some help!

Just wanted to say that if you want to PM your email address, I've made a separate list of ex Patrons who pm'ed. Just let me know here so I can update the OP, in order to have things listed precisely.

I'll send her my e-mail address on a private message from my page here, and im sure the rest of you can do the same. Then the message with E addr. will go directly to her e-mail ;) A lot more safe if you ask me :D

I agree completly with this, Mrs. Santa.

Till now I miss any post from L666 her-/himself.

I ´m suspicious, if L666 likes this kind of actions and postings here and:

Did L666 asked someone for help?

MS

(Harder, better, faster, stronger? Don ´t act like I never told you...) ;):D

Guest Redabyss

I agree completly with this, Mrs. Santa.

Till now I miss any post from L666 her-/himself.

I ´m suspicious, if L666 likes this kind of actions and postings here and:

Did L666 asked someone for help?

MS

(Harder, better, faster, stronger? Don ´t act like I never told you...) ;):D

She said she hasn't the email address of the patrons, so she didn't know what to do. So I thought it would be helpful if we started listing the emails of the ex patrons.

Guest Redabyss

Redabyss,

do you have the list of the latest animations?

im having trouble of checking what the updates are since i havent played the sims for almost 6 months

Not really :/ but if you have kept paying, I can send you the latest animation pack no prob!

Hi there everyone !

I was a 5$-supporting patron 

Here my pledge history (I'm a new member)

Mail : aryelle.reimlas@live.fr

November 2016

Total: $10.00

Mike24
$5.00 per month
Supported Period November 2016 $5.00 Complete

Oniki Kay
$5.00 per month Supported Period November 2016 $5.00 Complete

October 2016
Total: $19.50

L666
$5.00 per month Supported Period October 2016 $5.00 Complete

Mike24
$5.00 per month Supported Period October 2016 $5.00 Complete

Oniki Kay
$5.00 per month Supported Period October 2016 $5.00 Complete

TURBODRIVER
$4.50 per month Supported Period October 2016 $4.50 Complete

September 2016
Total: $4.50

TURBODRIVER
$4.50 per month Supported Period September 2016 $4.50 Complete

Hope this help too.
Take care

post-1394957-0-76863200-1480193412_thumb.png

Guest Redabyss

For the guys who pm'd me: I'm really sorry for the slow reply, but I have ton of work and stuff to do with university. I'll send you the files ASAP, I'm really sorry :/ meanwhile try to ask other members who had received the file!

Guest Redabyss

Is there any word on if L666 will be returning ? :s  I am at a loss without her/his monthly updates. :(  I am willing to pay more if needed. :D I miss L666 so much she/he was the only one taking request for animations for the Sims 3.

No word. That's why I started using TS4.

Being completely honest, I kind of lost hope, and I'm starting to prefer TS4 because it's way way faster than TS3.

Hi guys! 

I was only a patron for a few months since I only started playing sims 3 a few months ago. I pledged $10 from Aug to October.  Can I request to have a copy of the latest update please? I was busy and didn't have time to play the game for a few weeks so imagine my surprise when I found out her page was private/ :( My email is ealabin@gmail.comwgJHiJR.png

I was supporting L666 on Patreon for 5 dollars. From July till october. On the screenshot my payement for november is not showing. But Paypal has booked 5 dollars of my account for november and i didn,t receive it back. However i did receive a download for animations on the third of  november. Imagine my surprise when i tried to look on her page on Patreon and i was breaking my head why i couldn't see the page anymore. Until i read this. Now i understand. I surely hope L666 is coming back to us, i Miss her/him too.   Well i made a screenshot of my payments. But i do not understand much of computers and i tried all sorts of things but i just aren't able to get my screenshot in here. I'm sorry i am such a noob and stupid when it comes to computers. :( Maybe i can email this to someone. If you need my name that was on the patreon account then i have to e- mail anyway since Patreon took my paypall account name which was under my real name and i don't like my real name revealed everywhere on the internet. Sorry about that but i hope you can understand.

My email is: ice-queen@live.nl 

"if there is any reason we can pay for the animations / updates and with paypal, and not in the donate area."
Mariana Soprano

I have said it again and again and I do not know how much more clearer I can make it. Please becareful with your choice of wording. Under EA TOS, modders are not permitted to "sell" any mods for games licensed under EA TOS. What we're doing is "donating" to her for her artistry. We're not "paying" for a product. There is NO consumer contractual obligation. This is what makes it legal. If you keep spouting "pay for a product" on a public forum that is searchable by Google and other search engines, you're going to get the artists in trouble with the US Patent Law.

Digital products are under the same protection as real physical products. This is why no 3rd party companies can make and sell Barbie accessories without expressive written consent of Mattel Inc. Likewise we are not permitted to make custom contents and mods for EA's product and sell them without written consent.

I'd be more concerned with the fact that there's been about a month or two of patreon-only releases between now and the last public release it looks like, and now that the newer animations may never see a public release an argument could be made that they're now product and thus infringing as only people who have paid "donated" have received the artistry. I would worry about EA taking action on the funds received through patreon between then and now if that remains the case.

That's one of my biggest concerns with patreon in general: that so many content producers who use it invariably use some sort of copyrighted materials in their content which opens it up to a whole world of potential legal trouble. Take all the licensed resources used in SFM animations for example which occasionally end up being taken down by companies like Blizzard or Nintendo when their characters are used; or mods for the Sims, against which EA has taken action in the past when donations were involved; and more recently Skyrim mods after the whole Steam paid modding controversy, in which case I won't be surprised if/when any patreon modders end up targeted by Bethesda. When money and licensed resources are involved together it's way too easy to end up in legal trouble, even if the content only consists of brand new models, animations, etc meant to be used on a licensed platform and/or with the intent that the final content is free. It seems way too easy to accidentally overstep a legal boundary (I'm not a lawyer and I'm assuming there aren't too many lawyers who moonlight as patreon artists) and even if the content is being created and distributed legally if a bigwig company decides to target a content creator with legal action resolving it could still be a time consuming and expensive process.

In my opinion people who produce free licensed content should do it for the sake of the community and the content itself, as they have in the past, and platforms like patreon should be best left to funding things like services or original IP games and artwork. Maybe that would result in less content being produced, which would be unfortunate for sure, but asking for donations while producing content with/for licensed material is also just asking for trouble.

Guest Redabyss

Hm... should I delete this thread, copy the OP and re-open it, so that any "pay" keyword is deleted?

Also I wonder if one of us should release the complete edition regardless, if, in about some months, L666 won't come back.