A question about shlongs, bodies and skeletons...

LeFlemard

Hello,

While browsing a 3d model with integrated vagina posted here, I thought of a question:

In Oldrim, SOS added a mesh on top of the body (practically acted as an armor part), but I wonder, should the shlong be another mesh file instead of being integrated in the body mesh in future mods ?

Since XPMSE already has shlong nif points in it's skeleton, why not use them for a localised animation if possible ?

To let people have futanari/Hermaphrodite characters, creating a subrace could work...

That was just my inexperienced thought about it, if animation can't be localized, I apologize.

The reason SOS added a body mesh was just to get rid of the crotch. If you take a look at the SOS malebody.nif outside of the game, there's a blank hole where the genitalia should be. In game, the SOS mod fills this in with that schlong. Because this actively added schlong was the only element of the character's body responding to the XPMSE nodes, it already had animation capabilities.

In short, the dick was already its own separate mesh, as the armor part.

Not entirely sure what you mean by localized animation, but I don't really do animation modding so I'll slide on by that...

Anyway, I'm just a bit confused what you're asking about. SOS comes with its own skeleton that also has those same genital nodes as XPMSE, hence the two don't conflict. The dick mesh also comes as its own mesh, and futa/herm characters are all over LL. Using NetImmerse and NetImmerse Override, the SOS dick already animates (erection, flaccid) independent of the running character animation.

To quote the stewards, "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

The reason SOS added a body mesh was just to get rid of the crotch. If you take a look at the SOS malebody.nif outside of the game, there's a blank hole where the genitalia should be. In game, the SOS mod fills this in with that schlong. Because this actively added schlong was the only element of the character's body responding to the XPMSE nodes, it already had animation capabilities.

In short, the dick was already its own separate mesh, as the armor part.

Not entirely sure what you mean by localized animation, but I don't really do animation modding so I'll slide on by that...

Anyway, I'm just a bit confused what you're asking about. SOS comes with its own skeleton that also has those same genital nodes as XPMSE, hence the two don't conflict. The dick mesh also comes as its own mesh, and futa/herm characters are all over LL. Using NetImmerse and NetImmerse Override, the SOS dick already animates (erection, flaccid) independent of the running character animation.

To quote the stewards, "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

I'm just wondering why it should be separate instead of being in the body mesh...

The shlong has 3 animation nodes to bend and stay erect.

XPMSE skeleton has only one node to "attach" it.

The KF animations are integrated into the Penis NIF.

And these animations rely on the three extra nodes that are not part of the body but part of the penis itself to animate.

The penis is completely independent of Actors animations, it is controlled by direct AnimationEvents. (That are handled by the integrated animations.)

Having it integrated in the normal anim, will limit a lot the possibilities of creating varied animations.

The shlong has 3 animation nodes to bend and stay erect.

XPMSE skeleton has only one node to "attach" it.

The KF animations are integrated into the Penis NIF.

And these animations rely on the three extra nodes that are not part of the body but part of the penis itself to animate.

The penis is completely independent of Actors animations, it is controlled by direct AnimationEvents. (That are handled by the integrated animations.)

Having it integrated in the normal anim, will limit a lot the possibilities of creating varied animations.

Thanks for shedding the light CPU :3

Archived